Jack Abbott (coach)
Jack Abbott pictured at Dartmouth College
February 6, 1873|
Manchester, New Hampshire
|Died||June 22, 1918
Concord, New Hampshire
|Alma mater||Dartmouth College (1896)|
|Coaching career (HC unless noted)|
|Head coaching record|
George Henry (Jack) Abbott (February 6, 1873 – June 22, 1918) was the head coach of the University of Maine's football team in 1896 and compiled a 1–3–2 record. Also in 1896, Abbott was the head coach of the Maine Black Bears baseball team, which a 5-4 record that season.
Head coaching records
The following is a list of Abbott's yearly football head coaching records.
|Maine Black Bears (Maine Intercollegiate Athletic Association) (1896)|
|National championship Conference title Conference division title|
|†Indicates Bowl Coalition, Bowl Alliance, BCS, or CFP / New Years' Six bowl.
#Rankings from final Coaches Poll.
The following is a list of Abbott's yearly baseball head coaching records.
National champion Postseason invitational champion
- "Lewiston Evening Journal - Google News Archive". News.google.com. Retrieved July 31, 2012.
- "2013 Maine Black Bears Baseball Media Guide". Maine Sports Information. p. 37. Archived from the original on March 9, 2013. Retrieved March 9, 2013.
- "Person Details for George Henry Abbott, "New Hampshire, Birth Records, Early to 1900" — FamilySearch.org". familysearch.org. Retrieved January 1, 2015.
- Denis Larionov & Alexander Zhulin. "Read the eBook General catalogue of Dartmouth College and the associated schools 1769-1910, including a historical sketch of the college by Dartmouth College online for free (page 45 of 103)". ebooksread.com. Retrieved January 1, 2015.
- "Person Details for George H. Abbott, "New Hampshire, Death Records, 1654-1947" — FamilySearch.org". familysearch.org. Retrieved January 1, 2015.
|This biographical article relating to a college football coach first appointed in the 1890s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|