Jack Brooks: Monster Slayer
|Jack Brooks: Monster Slayer|
|Directed by||Jon Knautz|
|Produced by||Trevor Matthews
|Screenplay by||John Ainslie
|Story by||John Ainslie
|Music by||Ryan Shore|
|Edited by||Matthew Brulotte|
Sound Venture Productions
Anchor Bay Entertainment
|Budget||$2,500,000 CAD (estimated)|
Jack Brooks: Monster Slayer is a Canadian comedy horror monster movie produced by Brookstreet Pictures. The film was directed Jon Knautz and stars Trevor Matthews, Robert Englund and Rachel Skarsten. The film is about a plumber named Jack (Trevor Matthews) whose family gets slaughtered by a demonic beast. While fixing the pipes for Dr. Crowley (Robert Englund), the Professor awakens an evil source and eventually transforms his body into a monster. With the evil spreading out of control, Jack harnesses his anger to face the monsters and avenge his family.
- Robert Englund as Professor Gordon Crowley
- Trevor Matthews as Jack Brooks and Forest Troll
- Rachel Skarsten as Eve
- David Fox as Old Howard
- Daniel Kash as Counselor Silverstein
- James A. Woods as John
- Stefanie Drummond as Janice
- Dean Hawes as Emmet
- Ashley Bryant as Kristy
- Chad Harber as Pat
- Patrick Henry as Trevor
- Meghanne Kessels as Suzy
- Meg Charette as Erica
- Kristyn Butcher as Celia
- Andrew Butcher as Raymond
- Simon Rainville as Slim
- Matthew Stefiuk as Omar
- Ariel Waller as Cindy Brooks
- John Ross as Charles Brooks
- Victoria Fodor as Gene Brooks
- Derrick Damon Reeve as Cyclops
- Evan Gilchrist as Young Jack Brooks
- Austin MacDonald as Young Howard
Jack Brooks: Monster Slayer was received with mixed reviews from film critics on its original release. The film ranking website Rotten Tomatoes reported that 64% of critics had given the film positive reviews, based upon a sample of 25. At Metacritic, which assigns a rating out of 100 to reviews from mainstream critics, the film has received an average score of 46, based on 7 reviews.
The music was composed by Ryan Shore. He recorded the score with a 93 piece symphony orchestra which he conducted. Ain't It Cool News named Ryan Shore's score one of the "Top 10 Scores of the Year".
- "Jack Brooks: Monster Slayer - Rotten Tomatoes". Rotten Tomatoes. IGN Entertainment, Inc. Retrieved 2009-01-11.
- "Jack Brooks: Monster Slayer (2008): Reviews". Metacritic. CNET Networks, Inc. Retrieved 2009-01-11.
- Ain't It Cool News
- Sifu Scott. "Ari Lehman's Festival de Cine de Terror de Molins de Rei Journal". Dread Central.