Jack Burkman is a political consultant and the president of Burkman Associates, LLC. Burkman drew significant media attention for organizing a protest against the Dallas Cowboys NFL football team after it signed Michael Sam, an openly gay football player to its practice squad.
In February 2014, Burkman claimed to be working on legislation that would prohibit openly gay players in the NFL.
In June 2016, Burkman held an event called "Lobbyist for Trump" and invited all major lobbyists of Washington, D.C. to help raise money for Donald Trump's presidential campaign. In July 2016, Burkman helped fundraising for Free the Delegates, an anti-Trump effort to change the delegate rules for the 2016 Republican National Convention.
Burkman heads the organization American Decency, a conservative organization that claims to have 3.62 million members. The organization drew media attention when Burkman announced plans to protest the Dallas Cowboys signing of Michael Sam, stating "We cannot just stand idly by as Christian values and morals are trampled. We will do whatever we can to preserve family values in this country."
- Burkman, Jack. "About". Jack Burkman. Archived from the original on October 9, 2013. Retrieved September 5, 2014.
- Sieczkowski, Caven (September 4, 2014). "Anti-Gay Group To Protest Michael Sam, Cowboys In The Name Of 'Family Values'". Huffington Post. Retrieved September 5, 2014.
- Voorhees, Josh (February 24, 2014). "Even the Conservative Lobbyist Hyping a Ban on Gay NFL Players Admits It's a PR Stunt". Slate (magazine). Retrieved September 5, 2014.
- Prince, Jeff (September 4, 2014). "Thousands to Protest Cowboys, Michael Sam". Fort Worth Weekly. Retrieved September 5, 2014.
- Brown, Eric (February 25, 2014). "Meet Jack Burkman, The Republican Lobbyist Trying To Ban Gay Players From The NFL". International Business Times. Retrieved September 5, 2014.
- Catanese, David (May 16, 2016). "D.C. Lobbyists Look to Fund Trump". U.S. News. Retrieved January 18, 2017.
- Caldwell, Leigh Ann (July 10, 2016). "Anti-Trump Forces Unleash Plan to Pick Vice President at Convention". NBC News. Retrieved January 18, 2017.
- Fink, Jack (September 4, 2014). "Protests Planned Over Sam Joining Cowboys". Retrieved September 5, 2014.
- "GOP lobbyist who wants to ban gays from NFL plans Dallas Cowboys protest". LGBTQNation. September 4, 2014. Retrieved September 5, 2014.
- Selby, Jenn (September 5, 2014). "Michael Sam first openly gay NFL player: Christian lobby group of 'thousands' set to protest Dallas Cowboys latest signing". The Independent. Retrieved September 5, 2014.
|This American law-related biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|