|Member of the New Jersey General Assembly
from the 16th district
December 5, 2011
Serving with Andrew Zwicker
|Preceded by||Peter J. Biondi|
|Member of the Somerset County Board of Chosen Freeholders|
January 1, 2007 – November 23, 2011
|Preceded by||Ken Scherer|
|Succeeded by||Mark Caliguire|
|Raritan Borough Council President|
|Member of the Raritan Borough Council|
December 12, 1961 |
Somerville, New Jersey, U.S.
|Alma mater||Seton Hall University (BS, MBA)|
Jack M. Ciattarelli (born December 12, 1961) is an American Republican Party politician who has served in the New Jersey General Assembly since December 2011, representing the 16th legislative district. Ciattarelli is a candidate for Governor of New Jersey in the 2017 election.
Ciattarelli was born in Somerville, New Jersey on December 12, 1961 and was raised in neighboring Raritan. His grandparents had immigrated to Raritan borough in the 1900s. He graduated from Seton Hall University with a B.S. degree in accounting and an M.B.A. degree in finance. He served on the Raritan Borough Council from 1990 to 1995 and was the council president from 1991 until 1995. He was also elected to the Somerset County Board of Chosen Freeholders from 2007 to November 2011 when he resigned to become an Assemblyman.
In 2011, Ciattarelli ran for the open General Assembly seat in the 16th legislative district, vacated by Denise Coyle, who chose not to run for re-election due to redistricting. On November 8, 2011, he and his running mate Peter J. Biondi defeated the Democratic candidates, Marie Corfield and Joe Camarota. Biondi died two days after the election, and Ciattarelli was selected to fill out the remainder of his term. After stepping down from his freeholder position, he was sworn in on December 5, 2011. He was sworn into his full term on January 10, 2012.
Each of the forty districts in the New Jersey Legislature has one representative in the New Jersey Senate and two members in the New Jersey General Assembly. The other representatives from the 16th District for the 2016–2017 Legislative Session are:
In addition to his legislative work, Ciattarelli also is the owner and publisher of Galen Publishing, L.L.C., a medical publishing company. He has formerly worked as a certified public accountant and was the co-founder of several medical journal publishing companies. He was also an adjunct professor at Seton Hall from 1998 to 2001.
He has resided in Hillsborough Township since 1998. He is married to Melinda Ciattarelli and has four children. Ciattarelli is also a coach for his children's sports and works as a manager for the Hillsborough Township Recreation Department.
- "Assemblyman Jack M. Ciattarelli". New Jersey Legislature. Retrieved January 20, 2012.
- Johnson, Brent (September 29, 2016). "Ciattarelli set to become first Republican to enter 2017 N.J. governor's race". NJ.com. Retrieved January 22, 2017.
- "Assistant Republican Whip Jack M. Ciattarelli". New Jersey Assembly Republicans. Retrieved September 5, 2015.
- Paik, Eugene (November 23, 2011). "Somerset County freeholder resigns seat to focus on new role in N.J. Assembly". The Star-Ledger. Retrieved September 5, 2015.
- Brill, Douglas B. (November 9, 2011). "New Jersey 16th District election results: Republican sweep closer than expected". The Express-Times. Retrieved January 20, 2012.
- "Turnover in N.J. Legislature is slight". Asbury Park Press. January 10, 2012. Retrieved January 20, 2012.
- "Jack M. Ciattarelli's Assembly campaign website". Retrieved January 20, 2012.
- Assemblyman Jack M. Ciattarelli at the New Jersey Legislature
- Official campaign website
- Profile at Project Vote Smart
|Member of the Somerset County Board of Chosen Freeholders
|New Jersey General Assembly|
Peter J. Biondi
|Member of the New Jersey Assembly
from the 16th district
Served alongside: Denise Coyle, Donna Simon, Andrew Zwicker