Jack Grimes (footballer)
Grimes at training during July 2015
|Full name||Jack Grimes|
|Date of birth||11 May 1989|
|Original team(s)||Northern Knights (TAC Cup)|
|Draft||No. 14, 2007 National Draft|
|Debut||Round 22, 2008, Melbourne
vs. Richmond, at MCG
|Height / weight||187 cm / 84 kg|
1 Playing statistics correct to the end of 2016.
He was named as an All-Australian at the 2007 NAB AFL U18 Championships. He was drafted by Melbourne in the 2007 National Draft at pick 14, but was placed on the long term injury list due to stress-related back problems. He made his debut in the final game of the 2008 AFL season but suffered a further back injury in the early part of the 2009 season.
Jack Grimes suffered a season-ending injury in the round 7 match against the Adelaide Crows.
On 3 February 2012 he was named, alongside fellow youngster Jack Trengove as the co-captain of Melbourne Football Club. At 22 years of age he was one of the youngest ever captains in VFL/AFL history. In 2014, Grimes continued on as co-captain, this time with Nathan Jones. However, on 1 December 2014 it was announced that he had stepped down as the club's co-captain.
Grimes was delisted at the conclusion of the 2016 season.
- Statistics are correct to the end of the 2016 season
|Totals||Averages (per game)|
- Jack Grimes out with stress fracture
- Stevens, Mark (7 July 2009) Melbourne reaps rewards for faith in youngster Jack Grimes
- Spits, Scott; Lynch, Jared (3 February 2012). "Trengove and Grimes to captain Demons". The Sydney Morning Herald. Retrieved 3 February 2012.
- Nathan Jones and Jack Grimes named Melbourne captains, AFL.com.au official website, 29 January 2014
- Melbourne Defender Jack Grimes Stands Down As Demons Co-Captain, Triple M, 1 December 2014
- Burgan, Matt (27 September 2016). "Melbourne makes first list changes". MelbourneFC.com.au. Bigpond. Retrieved 27 September 2016.
- "Jack Grimes statistics". AFL Tables. Retrieved 30 September 2014.
- Jack Grimes's profile on the official website of the Melbourne Football Club
- Jack Grimes's statistics from AFL Tables
- Demon Wiki profile
|This Australian rules football biography of a person born in the 1980s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|