Jack Henderson (artist)
Jack Ieuan Rocky Henderson
21 November 2004
Jack Henderson (born 2004) is a Scottish artist, known for raising £64,000+ by selling his artwork as a child, which he donated to the Edinburgh-based Sick Kids Friends Foundation.
Henderson wanted to raise money for the Sick Kids Hospital in Edinburgh where his youngest brother Noah regularly attended with bronchiolitis. His idea was to draw 'anything' in exchange for donations to the Sick Kids Friends Foundation and he aimed to raise £100. After his idea (which he titled Jack Draws Anything) and website went viral he gained a lot of attention and picture requests. His fundraising total is now in excess of £64,000.
As of June 2014, Jack has now officially finished his fundraising efforts.
Henderson and his campaign have won and been nominated for a number of awards for their fundraising and social media activities, including amongst others:
- Charity Champion at Scottish Charity Awards 2011 (Runner-up)
- Social Campaign of the Year at .net magazine Awards Awards 2011 (Winner)
- Digital Award at Institute of Fundraising Scotland 2011 (Winner)
- Child of the Year at Bighearted Scotland Awards 2011 (Winner)
- Young Fundraiser of the Year at the Justgiving Awards 2012 (Runner-up)
- Child Fundraiser of the Year at the Pride of Britain Awards 2012 (Winner)  where he received his award from Rolf Harris, whom he drew a picture of on the evening to raise a further £6,000 for his fundraising.
- Jack was presented with a Special Recognition Award from the Sick Kids Friends Foundation in light of his fundraising over the last few years.
Jack is originally from Edinburgh, Scotland but moved to Prestonpans, East Lothian when he was young. In September 2012 he moved with his family to Walnut Creek, California where they resided until July 2018. He has since returned to Scotland, and now attends North Berwick High School.
- "Jack Henderson hits £10,000 for Sick Kids in Edinburgh". BBC News (Edinburgh, Fife & East Scotland). 4 April 2011. Retrieved 18 December 2012.
- "Homepage". Jack Draws Anything. Retrieved 7 October 2013.
To date, Jack has raised £64,588 and picked up a host of awards
- "Jack Draws Anything has drawn EVERYTHING". Jack Draws Anything. 2015. Retrieved 29 August 2015.
- "The End". Jack Draws Anything. 2015. Retrieved 29 August 2015.
- "Little Jack draws out a book deal". The Scotsman. 23 May 2011. Retrieved 18 December 2012.
- Sulieman, Cara (23 May 2011). "Jack Draws Anything: Six-year-old behind the website signs book deal". STV. Retrieved 10 June 2014.
- Gibbins, Kirsty (30 October 2012). "Jack wins Pride of Britain award". East Lothian Courier. Retrieved 19 December 2012.
- "PRESS RELEASE — Jack Draws Anything wins Bighearted Scotland Award".
- Corp, Natalie (29 October 2012). "Inspiring: Meet the Pride of Britain 2012 - our unsung heroes". The Daily Mirror. Retrieved 19 December 2012.
- "Jack to receive Special Recognition Award at the Sick Kids Friends Foundation Heroes of the Hospital 20th Anniversary Awards". Jack Draws Anything.
- "FAQ". Jack Draws Anything. 2015. Retrieved 29 August 2015.