Jack Huston at the Berlin International Film Festival, 2013
|Born||Jack Alexander Huston
7 December 1982
London, England, United Kingdom
|Partner(s)||Shannan Click (2011–present)|
|Children||Sage Lavinia (b. 2013)|
|Parent(s)||Walter Antony "Tony" Huston
Lady Margot Lavinia Cholmondeley
|Relatives||John Huston (grandfather)
Anjelica Huston (aunt)
Danny Huston (uncle)
Allegra Huston (aunt)
David Cholmondeley, 7th Marquess of Cholmondeley (uncle)
Huston started his film career with a small screen adaptation of Spartacus, where he played Flavius. He then went on to having more prominent roles in such films as Factory Girl, playing the American poet Gerard Malanga, the horror film Shrooms, Outlander and Shrink.
In 2010, he had a small role in The Twilight Saga: Eclipse as Royce King.
Huston also appears in HBO's Boardwalk Empire as Richard Harrow, a severely disfigured World War I marksman turned gangster. On 16 December 2010, it was announced Huston would be made a series regular after appearing in five episodes of the first season.
In 2013, Huston appeared in David O. Russell's comedy-drama American Hustle, as Pete Musane. Later that year, Huston played Charles Bruno in Strangers on a Train at London's Gielgud Theatre. In February 2015 was confirmed Huston was in talks for the role of Eric Draven in Corin Hardy's remake of The Crow but dropped out due to scheduling conflicts.
Family background and personal life
Huston was born in London, the son of Lady Margot Lavinia (Cholmondeley) and Walter Anthony (Tony) Huston. Huston decided to become an actor at the age of six, after playing the title role in a school production of Peter Pan. He later attended the famed dramatic institute Hurtwood House.
His paternal aunt is actress Anjelica Huston, and his paternal half-uncle is actor Danny Huston. His mother is English and his father is American. His paternal grandparents were director John Huston and model/dancer Enrica Soma, and his maternal grandparents were Hugh Cholmondeley, 6th Marquess of Cholmondeley and Lavinia Margaret (Leslie). Huston is the nephew of David Cholmondeley, 7th Marquess of Cholmondeley. On his father's side, he has Italian, Irish, Scottish, and English ancestry, and is a great-grandson of Canadian actor Walter Huston. Through his maternal grandfather's father, Huston is descended from Robert Walpole, the first Prime Minister of Great Britain. Jack's maternal grandfather's mother, Sybil Sassoon, Marchioness of Cholmondeley, was from a Jewish family (from Iraq, India, and Germany); through Sybil, Jack is descended from both David Sassoon, the Treasurer of Baghdad, and Mayer Amschel Rothschild, who founded the Rothschild family international banking dynasty.
|2010–2013||Boardwalk Empire||Richard Harrow||33 episodes
Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series (2012)
Nominated - Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series (2013–2014)
|2012||Parade's End||Gerald||3 episodes|
|2012||TRON: Uprising||Rasket (voice)||Episode: "Tagged"|
|2014||The Great Fire||King Charles II of England||4 episodes|
|2013–2014||Strangers on a Train||Charles Bruno||Gielgud Theatre|
|Ancestors of Jack Huston|
- Lundy, Darryl. "p. 22396 § 223956". The Peerage.[unreliable source?]
- Jack Huston (“Boardwalk Empire”)
- "Acting dynasties collide in revival of thriller Strangers on a Train". standard.co.uk. London Evening Standard. 16 October 2013. Retrieved 16 January 2014.
- "Fatal Attraction and Strangers On A Train head to West End stage". bbc.co.uk/news. BBC News. 20 September 2013. Retrieved 16 January 2014.
- Inspired Casting For ‘The Crow’ Lead!
- Lang, Brent (June 15, 2015). "Jack Huston Exits ‘The Crow’ Remake (EXCLUSIVE)". Variety.
- Huston, John (1994). An Open Book. Da Capo Press. p. 9. ISBN 0-306-80573-1.
- Lundy, Darryl. "p. 8545 § 85447". The Peerage.[unreliable source?]
- Lundy, Darryl. "p8544.htm". The Peerage.[unreliable source?]
- Baby on the Way for Jack Huston and Shannan Click, People, October 9, 2012
- Jack Huston and Shannan Click Welcome Daughter Sage Lavinia, People, April 8, 2013