Jack Jackson (American football)
|Date of birth:||November 11, 1972|
|Place of birth:||Moss Point, Mississippi|
|Height:||5 ft 8 in (1.73 m)|
|Weight:||174 lb (79 kg)|
|High school:||Moss Point (MS)|
|NFL Draft:||1995 / Round: 4 / Pick: 116|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics|
|Player stats at ArenaFan.com|
Elliott Cornelius Jackson, Jr. (born November 11, 1972), nicknamed Jack Jackson, is an American former college and professional football player who was a wide receiver for four seasons in the National Football League (NFL) and Arena Football League (AFL). Jackson played college football for the University of Florida, and earned All-American honors. Thereafter, he played professionally for the Chicago Bears of the NFL, and also the Orlando Predators, Carolina Cobras and Florida Bobcats of the AFL.
Jackson received an athletic scholarship to attend the University of Florida in Gainesville, Florida, where he was a featured wide receiver for coach Steve Spurrier's Florida Gators football team from 1992 to 1994. Memorably, he had a 100-yard kick-off return for a touchdown against the Mississippi State Bulldogs in 1993, and led the nation with fifteen receiving touchdowns in 1994. He finished his college career with 143 catches for 2,266 yards (an average of 15.8 yards per reception) and twenty-nine touchdowns. Jackson was a first-team All-Southeastern Conference (SEC) selection, the SEC Offensive Player of the Year in 1994, and a consensus first-team All-American.
After his junior college season, Jackson decided to forgo his senior season and enter the NFL Draft. He was chosen by the Chicago Bears in the fourth round (116th pick overall) of the 1995 NFL Draft, and he played for the Bears for two seasons.
Jackson also played two seasons for the Orlando Predators, Carolina Cobras and Florida Bobcats of the Arena Football League.
- 1994 College Football All-America Team
- Florida Gators football, 1990–99
- List of Chicago Bears players
- List of Florida Gators football All-Americans
- List of Florida Gators football players in the NFL
- List of NCAA major college football yearly receiving leaders
- Pro-Football-Reference.com, Players, Jack Jackson. Retrieved July 8, 2010.
- databaseFootball.com, Players, Jack Jackson. Retrieved June 10, 2010.
- 2011 Florida Gators Football Media Guide Archived April 2, 2012, at the Wayback Machine., University Athletic Association, Gainesville, Florida, pp. 77–78, 88, 93, 97, 99, 127, 143–145, 147–150, 152, 158, 159, 182 (2011). Retrieved August 30, 2011.
- 2012 NCAA Football Records Book, Award Winners Archived copy at WebCite (December 1, 2012)., National Collegiate Athletic Association, Indianapolis, Indiana, pp. 10 & 14 (2012). Retrieved September 14, 2012.
- Pro Football Hall of Fame, Draft History, 1995 National Football League Draft. Retrieved June 10, 2010.
- National Football League, Historical Players, Jack Jackson. Retrieved May 21, 2010.
- ArenaFan.com, Players, Elliot "Jack" Jackson. Retrieved July 8, 2010.
- Carlson, Norm, University of Florida Football Vault: The History of the Florida Gators, Whitman Publishing, LLC, Atlanta, Georgia (2007). ISBN 0-7948-2298-3.
- Golenbock, Peter, Go Gators! An Oral History of Florida's Pursuit of Gridiron Glory, Legends Publishing, LLC, St. Petersburg, Florida (2002). ISBN 0-9650782-1-3.
- Hairston, Jack, Tales from the Gator Swamp: A Collection of the Greatest Gator Stories Ever Told, Sports Publishing, LLC, Champaign, Illinois (2002). ISBN 1-58261-514-4.
- McCarthy, Kevin M., Fightin' Gators: A History of University of Florida Football, Arcadia Publishing, Mount Pleasant, South Carolina (2000). ISBN 978-0-7385-0559-6.
- Nash, Noel, ed., The Gainesville Sun Presents The Greatest Moments in Florida Gators Football, Sports Publishing, Inc., Champaign, Illinois (1998). ISBN 1-57167-196-X.