|Died||January 14, 2020 (aged 85)|
Jack Kehoe (November 21, 1934 – January 14, 2020) was an American film actor appearing in a wide variety of films, including the crime dramas Serpico (1973), The Pope of Greenwich Village (1984) and Brian De Palma's The Untouchables (1987), as well as the cult favorites Car Wash (1976) and Midnight Run (1988), the popular western Young Guns II (1990), and On the Nickel (1980).
On Broadway, Kehoe appeared in The Ballad of the Sad Cafe (1963) and The Basic Training of Pavlo Hummel (1977).
Kehoe appeared in several Academy Award-winning films, including Jonathan Demme's Melvin and Howard (1980) and Best Picture winner The Sting (1973), in which Kehoe (as grifter Joe Erie, a.k.a. The Erie Kid). His various TV credits included roles in The Twilight Zone, Murder, She Wrote and Miami Vice.
After appearing alongside Michael Douglas in David Fincher's The Game (1997), Kehoe retired. One of the few interviews he gave during his career was conducted for a 1974 issue of New York Magazine in which Kehoe discussed (among several topics) his outlook on Hollywood.
- The Gang That Couldn't Shoot Straight (1971) as Bartender
- The Friends of Eddie Coyle (1973) as The Beard
- Serpico (1973) as Tom Keough
- The Sting (1973) as Erie Kid
- Law and Disorder (1974) as Elliott
- Car Wash (1976) as Scruggs
- The Fish That Saved Pittsburgh (1979) as Setshot
- On the Nickel (1980) as Bad Mood
- Melvin and Howard (1980) as Jim Delgado
- Reds (1981) as Eddie
- The Ballad of Gregorio Cortez (1982) as Prosecutor Pierson
- The Star Chamber (1983) as Hingle
- Two of a Kind (1983) as Mr. Chotiner
- The Pope of Greenwich Village (1984) as Bunky
- The Wild Life (1984) as Mr. Parker
- The Killers (1984) as Harry
- Flight of the Spruce Goose (1986) as Freddie Fletcher
- The Little Sister (1986) as Nikos
- The Untouchables (1987) as Walter Payne
- D.O.A. (1988) as Customer at Raid
- Midnight Run (1988) as Jerry Geisler
- Dick Tracy (1990) as Customer at Raid
- Young Guns II (1990) as Ashmun Upson
- Servants of Twilight (1991) as Dr. Denton Boothe
- Falling Down (1993) as Street Worker
- The Paper (1994) as Phil
- Gospel According to Harry (1994) as Harry
- The Game (1997) as Lieutenant Sullivan (final film role)
- "Jack J. Kehoe: 1934 - 2020". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 9 May 2020 – via legacy.com.
- "Jack Kehoe, 85". Classic Images (539): 42–43. May 2020.
- "Jack Kehoe". Internet Broadway Database. The Broadway League. Archived from the original on May 13, 2020. Retrieved May 13, 2020. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "With Chase's One-Statement Banking, a Lawyer has all the Evidence she Needs". New York Magazine. New York Media, LLC. 7 (6): 53. February 11, 1974. ISSN 0028-7369.
- Barnes, Mike (22 January 2020). "Jack Kehoe, Actor in 'Serpico' and 'The Sting,' Dies at 85". hollywoodreporter.com. Retrieved 9 May 2020.
- Jack Kehoe at IMDb
- Jack Kehoe at the University of Wisconsin's Actors Studio audio collection
- Jack Kehoe at Find a Grave