Jack Lancaster is a British composer, record producer and musician.
In the late 1960s, Lancaster co-founded the British rock group Blodwyn Pig with Jethro Tull guitarist Mick Abrahams and in the late 1970s he was a member of the British progressive rock group Aviator with former Jethro Tull drummer Clive Bunker, former Manfred Mann's Earth Band guitarist Mick Rogers, and former Caravan and Quantum Jump bassist John G. Perry that released two albums on the EMI America Records label (Lancaster appeared only on the band's debut). In between these high-profile projects, Lancaster collaborated with keyboardist Robin Lumley in the studio band The Soul Searchers with a line-up that included guitarists Gary Moore and John Goodsall, bassist Percy Jones, and drummer Bill Bruford. This group released one 7" single Scaramouche b/w Head Stand in 1975 for EMI Records.
Lancaster performed on two Jazz Fusion records with Lumley that were released by RSO Records in the mid-1970s. The first was a rock version of Russian composer Sergei Prokofiev's Peter and the Wolf, The Rock Peter and the Wolf (1975), and the second titled Marscape (1976) that both featured the contributions of members of what would become Lumley's future band Brand X (John Goodsall on guitar, Percy Jones on bass, and Phil Collins on drums).
In 1979, Lancaster and Dutch keyboardist Rick van der Linden released the electronic album Wild Connections on the Acrobat Records label that featured former Blue Mink drummer Barry Morgan and The English Chorale. 1980, Lancaster released a solo album on the Kamera Records label titled Skinningrove Bay that included Rod Argent, Clive Bunker, Phil Collins, Robin Lumley, Gary Moore, John G. Perry, Mick Rogers and Rick van der Linden.
Since then he has performed live on tour, composed for television and film, performed as a session musician and has produced, written and arranged recording sessions with artists including Gary Moore, Phil Collins, Rod Argent, Anthony Phillips, Hans Zimmer, Stéphane Grappelli, Brian Eno, Vangelis and Rick van der Linden. Lancaster currently lives in Hollywood.
With Blodwyn Pig
- 1969 : Ahead Rings Out
- 1970 : Getting To This
- 1997 : Live at The Lafayette
- 1997 : The Modern Alchemist
- 1999 : On air
- 1999 : Live at the Fillmore West
- 2000 : The Basement tapes
- 2002 : Live At The Marquee Club London 1974 (The Official Bootleg)
- 2004 : Pigthology
- 1975 : Scaramouche/Head Stand - Single
- 1979 : Aviator
- 1975 : Peter & The Wolf Jack Lancaster, Robin Lumley, Phil Collins, Bill Bruford, Stéphane Grappelli, Alvin Lee, Gary Moore, etc.
- 1976 : Marscape Jack Lancaster With the musicians of Brand X - Robin Lumley, Joihn Goodsall, Percy Jones & Phil Collins.
- 1979 : Wild Connections Jack Lancaster with Rick Van Der Linden, with The English Chorale.
- 1980 : Skinningrove Bay TS134JQ Jack Lancaster with Gary Moore, Phil Collins, John G. Perry, Clive Bunker, Mick Rogers, Rod Argent, Rick Van Der Linden, Robin Lumley, etc.
- 1995 : The deathray tapes Jack Lancaster with Mick Farren, Brad Dourif.
- 2016 : Carnival of the Animals Jack Lancaster with Phil Collins, Rod Argent, Gary Brooker, John Kramer, Mick Abrahams, etc.
- Blodwyn Pig Discography : https://www.discogs.com/fr/artist/458854-Blodwyn-Pig
- Blodwyn Pig On air : http://www.progboard.com/Blodwyn-Pig/On-air-19691989-/8368
- Blodwyn Pig Live at The Filmore West : http://www.progboard.com/Blodwyn-Pig/Live-at-the-Fillmore-West-1970-/8367
- Blodwyn Pig Pigthology : https://www.discogs.com/fr/Blodwyn-Pig-Pigthology/release/6320574
- The Soul Searchers : http://rateyourmusic.com/release/single/the_soul_searchers/scaramouche___head_stand/
- Interview with Jack Lancaster by Dmitry M. Epstein
- Jack Lancaster's discography with album releases & credits at Discogs.com
- A brief history about Jack Lancaster & Robin Lumley and albums The Rock Peter and the Wolf (1975) & Marscape (1976) at Dutch Progressive Net Page (www.DPRP.net)
- Jack Lancaster on IMDb
|This article about an English musician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|