Jack Lewis (author)
|Born||January 20, 1964|
Portland, Oregon, U.S.
|Education||BA English, Washington State University MFA, University of Southern California|
|Service/||United States Army|
|Unit||361st Psychological Operations Company, 7th Psychological Operations Group|
Jack Lewis (born January 20, 1964) is an American author and military veteran.
Lewis' writing was included in the book Operation Homecoming, and in the Oscar-nominated documentary Operation Homecoming: Writing the Wartime Experience in which he both appears, and is credited as a writer.
- Jack Lewis (contributor) (2006). Operation Homecoming: Iraq, Afghanistan, and the Home Front, in the Words of U.S. Troops and Their Families. Random House. ISBN 1400065623.
- Jack Lewis (2010). Coming and Going on Bikes: Essaying the Motorcycle. Litsam Inc. (Kindle edition). ASIN B0038YWRDI.
- Jack Lewis (contributor) (2010). The Devil Can Ride: The World's Best Motorcycle Writing. Motorbooks. ISBN 0760334773.
- Jack Lewis (2011). Nothing in Reserve: true stories, not war stories. Litsam Press. ISBN 1935878026.
- Jack Lewis (2014). Head Check: What it Feels Like to Ride Motorcycles. Litsam Press. ISBN 978-1935878087.
- Midwest Book Review Reviewer's Choice (small press), Nothing in Reserve, January 2012
- Washington Post Best Nonfiction of 2006 (current events), Operation Homecoming
- Author biography, Amazon.com
- Piper Niehaus (March 7, 2008), Iraq Documentary Brings War Experience Home, The Oberlin Review, retrieved 2012-03-08
- Operation Homecoming: Writing the Wartime Experience—Select Writings by Authors, PBS/WETA, retrieved 2012-03-08
- Operation Homecoming credits, IMDB
- Stephen Holden (February 9, 2007), Movie Review: Operation Homecoming (2007)—The Hemingway Effect, From Recent Battlefields, The New York Times
- Jack Lewis contributions, Crosscut.com, archived from the original on 2013-05-11
- Jack Lewis contributions, Seattle Post-Intelligencer
- Contributor Jack Lewis, Motorcyclist, archived from the original on 2013-04-07
- Reviewer's Choice (small press), Midwest Book Review, January 2012
- "Holiday book gift guide: Best Nonfiction of 2006", Washington Post, 2006
Media related to Jack Lewis at Wikimedia Commons