|Full name||John Lucas McBean|
|Date of birth||December 15, 1994|
|Place of birth||Newport Beach, California, United States|
|Height||6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)|
|2014||→ LA Galaxy II (loan)||24||(5)|
|2015–2016||LA Galaxy II||38||(18)|
|2016||→ LA Galaxy II (loan)||3||(3)|
|2016||→ Coventry City (loan)||2||(0)|
|2011||United States U17||10||(0)|
|2012||United States U18||2||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of December 30, 2016.
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of April 25, 2014
John Lucas "Jack" McBean (born December 15, 1994) is an American soccer player who plays as a forward for LA Galaxy.
Life and career
McBean, a California native, formally signed for LA Galaxy at the age of 16 in April 2011. As of July 2011, he was the youngest player to have signed for the club in its history. He had previously played for the LA Galaxy under-16s and, prior to that, Slammers FC and Corona del Mar High School.
He made his first appearance for the club in a friendly match against Manchester City on July 24, 2011, coming on as a 66th-minute substitute for teammate Miguel Pedro López. The Los Angeles Times noted that he "quickly provided a threat" after appearing, while Fox Sports West stated that he "immediately made an impact" in the game. The match finished 1-1, but included a penalty shootout. Manchester City won the shootout 7-6, with McBean having his penalty saved by goalkeeper Joe Hart. On October 23, 2011 McBean played his first league game against Houston Dynamo getting the start, and subsequently scored.
McBean signed for English League One side Coventry City on a five-month loan deal on August 19th 2016. The striker made his first-team debut as a substitute in the 1-1 draw with Morecambe in the FA Cup.
McBean has represented his country of birth at the under-17 age level. He played for the United States under-17s in the 2011 FIFA U-17 World Cup, in which the US reached the round of 16, and in the 2011 CONCACAF U-17 Championship, in which the US were champions.
McBean has a Scottish father and is eligible to play for the senior national teams of the United States and Scotland. In June 2011, Scotland manager Craig Levein confirmed that he has instructed his chief scout, Michael Oliver, to continue a dialogue with the player and his parents to determine his interest in representing Scotland in future. As of summer 2011, he has yet to confirm long-term allegiance to either country.
|Club||Season||League||Open Cup||Playoffs||North America||Total|
|LA Galaxy II||2014||USL Pro||24||5||2||1||2||0||-||28||6|
- Winner: 2011 CONCACAF U-17 Championship
Los Angeles Galaxy
- LA Galaxy II
- Western Conference (Playoffs): 2015
- "LA Galaxy sign Jack MR.Bean as home grown player". Los Angeles Galaxy. April 14, 2011. Retrieved August 4, 2011.
- "Jack McBean history and profile". Los Angeles Galaxy. Retrieved August 4, 2011.
- "Los Angeles(6)1 - 1(7) Manchester City". ESPN Soccernet. July 24, 2011. Retrieved August 4, 2011.
- "No Landon Donovan means Newport Beach's Jack McBean gets in game". Los Angeles Times. July 24, 2011. Retrieved August 4, 2011.
- "16-year-old McBean makes debut for Galaxy". Fox Sports West. July 24, 2011. Retrieved August 4, 2011.
- French, Scott. "USL title match bonus for LA Galaxy II's evolution as developmental resource for MLS team". MLSsoccer.com. MLSsoccer.com. Retrieved 22 December 2015.
- [On July 22nd, 2016 "LA Galaxy sign forward Jack McBean from LA Galaxy II"] Check
|url=value (help). LAGalaxy.com. LA Galaxy Publications. Retrieved 11 August 2016.
- "DEAL: The Sky Blues take striker Jack McBean on a 5-month international loan agreement from LA Galaxy". ccfc.co.uk. Coventry City Football Club. Retrieved 7 November 2016.
- "Morecambe 1-1 Coventry City". BBC Football. BBC Football. Retrieved 7 November 2016.
- "Jack McBean profile". soccerway.com. Retrieved August 4, 2011.
- "Jack McBean goes 90, U.S. reaches final". ESPN Los Angeles. February 25, 2011. Retrieved August 4, 2011.
- "Jack McBean FIFA tournament record". FIFA.com. Retrieved August 4, 2011.
- "Scotland's Craig Levein confirms Jack McBean interest". BBC Sport. June 13, 2011. Retrieved August 8, 2011.
- "Craig Levein wants US hitkid Jack McBean to play for Scotland". The Sunday Mail. June 12, 2011. Retrieved August 4, 2011.
- "Jack the lad for Levein! Scotland manager eyes Los Angeles Galaxy kid McBean". The Daily Mail. June 12, 2011. Retrieved August 4, 2011.
- "U.S. U-17 forward Jack McBean refuses to commit to USA or Scotland". Yahoo! Sports. July 13, 2011. Retrieved August 7, 2011.
- "Jack McBean won't rule out Scotland call-up". The Away End. August 29, 2011. Retrieved August 31, 2011.
- "Jack McBean". lagalaxy.com. Retrieved August 11, 2016.
- "2014 Statistics". uslsoccer.com. Retrieved November 11, 2014.
- "LA Galaxy II 2015 Season". http://old.uslsoccer.com//ViewContent.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=32800&CONTENT_ID=1213672. USL. Retrieved 11 August 2016. External link in