Jack Owen, 2009
|Birth name||Jack Owen|
|Also known as||Oyster, Jacko|
|Born||December 6, 1967|
Akron, New York
|Genres||Heavy metal, death metal, hard rock, Symphonic black metal|
|Instruments||Guitar, bass guitar, drums, vocals|
|Associated acts||Cannibal Corpse, Six Feet Under, Deicide, Adrift, Order of Ennead, Carach Angren|
Jack Owen (born December 6, 1967) is an American musician, best known as a renowned guitarist in the death metal genre. He is currently the guitarist for death metal band Six Feet Under. He was one of the founding members of Cannibal Corpse. He stayed with the band from their formation in 1988 until 2004 when he left because he wanted to move on as stated in the Centuries of Torment DVD. Later that year though, he was hired by Deicide—another influential and long-running Florida death metal band—with whom he has recorded four albums. He left the band in 2016.
As of November 2007, Owen has been playing shows in support of Adrift's full-length album, Absolution, which Adrift is done shopping to record labels, and which Owen has said "is a record I am proud of." Adrift has since broken up due to personal differences. Owen has taken duty as the lead guitarist for Order of Ennead when their guitarist, John Li, is unavailable.
Jack Owen was born in Akron, New York, to Norma and Glenn Owen. He said in an interview that his dad would occasionally bring out his acoustic guitar and play classic country songs by Hank Williams Sr. and other artists. "That's where most of my inspiration comes from" says Owen.
- Eaten Back to Life (1990)
- Butchered at Birth (1991)
- Tomb of the Mutilated (1992)
- The Bleeding (1994)
- Vile (1996)
- Gallery of Suicide (1998)
- Bloodthirst (1999)
- Gore Obsessed (2002)
- The Wretched Spawn (2004)
- The Stench of Redemption (2006)
- Till Death Do Us Part (2008)
- To Hell with God (2011)
- In the Minds of Evil (2013)
- Absolution (2007)
- Played bass live in 2007 on European tour.
- Fade Away 2009
- Grave Descent MCD 2011
Tennessee Murder Club
- Sessions, "The Pact" 2013 Full Length Release
- "Guitarist Jack Owen Joins Former Cannibal Corpse Bandmate in Six Feet Under". Loudwire. Retrieved February 28, 2017.
- "CHRIS BARNES: How JACK OWEN Came To Join SIX FEET UNDER". Blabbermouth.net. Retrieved March 20, 2017.
- "DEICIDE Quietly Replaces Guitarist Jack Owen With MONSTROSITY's Guitarist". Metal Injection. Retrieved 21 November 2016.
- "DEICIDE Drummer On JACK OWEN's Departure: 'He Kind Of Left One Day And Just Never Came Back'". Blabbermouth.net. Retrieved May 27, 2017.
- "Interview with Order of Ennead".
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on September 2, 2013. Retrieved November 11, 2012.
- Jack Owen at MyLife.com