John Edward Reagan|
July 13, 1883
Fulton, Illinois, U.S.
May 18, 1941 (aged 57)|
Santa Monica, California, U.S.
|Resting place||Calvary Cemetery, East Los Angeles|
|Spouse(s)||Nelle Clyde Wilson|
John Edward "Jack" Reagan (July 13, 1883 – May 18, 1941) was the father of radio station manager Neil Reagan (1908–1996) and Ronald Reagan (1911–2004), motion picture actor, 33rd Governor of California, and 40th President of the United States of America
Jack's paternal grandfather, Michael O'Regan, was a native of County Tipperary, Ireland. O'Regan worked as a tenant farmer during his early years in Ireland, before he moved to London in 1852. O'Regan married an Irish refugee, Catherine Mulcahey, in London and anglicised his family surname as "Reagan". The Reagans relocated to Carroll County, Illinois in 1856. John Michael, their son, became a grain-elevator farmer, and married Jenny Cusick in 1878. Cusick was born in Canada, but like John Michael, her parents came from Ireland. Their son, John Edward "Jack", was born five years later.
|8. Thomas O'Regan|
|4. Michael O'Regan (Reagan)|
|9. Margaret Murphy|
|2. John Michael Reagan|
|10. Patrick Mulcahey|
|5. Catherine Mulcahey|
|1. John Edward "Jack" Reagan|
|12. Patrick Thomas Cusick|
|6. Patrick Cusick|
|13. Jean Gabbert|
|3. Jennie Cusick|
|7. Sarah Higgins|
At the time of Ronald Reagan's birth in 1911, Jack was working at a store in Tampico, Illinois.
He died on May 19, 1941, at the age of 57 after a series of heart attacks.
- Angelo, Bonnie (2001). First Mothers: The Women who Shaped the Presidents. New York: HarperCollins Publishers, Inc. ISBN 0-06-093711-4.
- Gullan, Harold I. (2001). Faith of our mothers: The stories of presidential mothers from Mary Washington to Barbara Bush. New York: Wm. B. Eerdmans Publishing. ISBN 0-8028-4926-1.
- Kengor, Paul (2004). God and Ronald Reagan. New York: HarperCollins Publishers, Inc. ISBN 0-06-057142-X.
- Pemberton, William E. (1998). Exit with honor: The life and presidency of Ronald Reagan. M.E. Sharpe. ISBN 0-7656-0096-X.
- Reagan, Ronald (1990). An American Life. New York: Simon & Schuster. ISBN 0-7434-0025-9.