Jack Sargeant (politician)
|Member of the Welsh Assembly|
for Alyn and Deeside
|Assumed office |
7 February 2018
|Preceded by||Carl Sargeant|
|Born||1994/1995 (age 23–24)|
|Political party||Welsh Labour|
Jack Sargeant (born 1994) is a Welsh Labour Party politician, and a member of the National Assembly for Wales (AM), where he represents the Alyn and Deeside constituency. He was elected at a by-election in February 2018 which had been caused by the death of his predecessor and father Carl Sargeant.
He was elected as AM for Alyn and Deeside at a by-election held on 6 February 2018. The constituency's previous incumbent, Carl Sargeant, was Jack Sargeant's father. Carl Sargeant's death in November 2017 triggered the election. At 23 years of age, Jack Sargeant was the youngest ever AM elected to the National Assembly.
- "Jack Sargeant AM – Assembly Member Profile". Assembly.wales. Retrieved 8 February 2018.
- Shipton, Martin (10 December 2017). "Carl Sargeant's son bids to take his seat in the National Assembly". Wales Online. Retrieved 17 May 2018.
- "Jack Sargeant wins Alyn and Deeside by-election". BBC News. BBC. 7 February 2018. Retrieved 7 February 2018.
- "Labour select Carl Sargeant's son for by-election fight". BBC News. BBC. 7 February 2018. Retrieved 8 February 2018.
- Shipton, Martin; Hodgson, Sarah (7 February 2018). "Jack Sargeant wins Alyn and Deeside by-election after his father's death". Wales Online. Retrieved 8 February 2018.
|This article about a British politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|