Jack Savoretti by Andrew Whitton
|Birth name||Jack Savoretti|
|Born||10 October 1983|
|Genres||Acoustic, Folk, Pop|
|Instruments||Guitar, Piano, Harmonica|
Jack Savoretti (born 10 October 1983) is an Italian English solo acoustic singer who began playing guitar at 16. He was brought up in London before moving to Lugano, a Swiss city near the Italian border. Moving around Europe as a child he ended up at The American School In Switzerland where he picked up an accent he describes as "transatlantic mutt".
As a teenager, the only thing that interested him was poetry."I was writing all the time, it was the thing to do, sit under a tree with a notebook, go somewhere else in your head. I was in the clouds." When his mother gave him a guitar and suggested he try putting some of his words to music he was "surprised how much more people listen to you when you are singing than if you read a poem," he admits. "After that, I couldn’t stop, it was constant writing, every day, it became almost a form of conversation, the way I interact with the world."
Between The Minds (2006–2008)
Savoretti released his first single on 9 October 2006, called "Without". The video, filmed in Mallorca, Spain, was directed by Oscar-nominated director Bobby Garabedian. The single charted at #90 in the UK Singles Charts and was B-Listed on Radio 2. His second single, "Dreamers", was less successful, reaching #123 in the UK Singles Chart; it was also playlisted on Radio 2. Savoretti was then spotted by Corinne Bailey Rae, who invited Savoretti to perform with her on her European Tour. His album gained support on Radio 2, where it was declared Album of the Week. The album Between the Minds was released in March 2007, and it debuted at number 5 on the UK indie charts. animator and 3D director Saul Freed. and Dr Frankenstein (23 July 2007). On 6 August 2007 he made his television debut on GMTV, where he performed "Dr Frankenstein". Throughout February and March 2008, Savoretti embarked on a solo mini-tour of Caffe Nero bars in the UK.
After his Caffe Nero tour he re-released his debut album Between the Minds with a bonus disc with unplugged versions of some of his songs, three new songs, as well as a live cover version of Johnny Cash's "Ring of Fire" on 31 March 2008. Four days later, on 4 April 2008, he made another television performance, performing "Gypsy Love" on This Morning.
Savoretti joined Steve Booker (writer of Duffy’s "Mercy") to write the A-side to his single, "Gypsy Love", which captures the sincerity of Savoretti’s song writing. Songs such as the AA side of his single "One Man Band" are a testament to how he has spent the beginning of the year, and an expression of the ability to showcase his voice without the support of a full band.
Two of his songs, featured in series 5 of the hit TV series One Tree Hill. Between the Minds was featured in the episode "Cryin' Won't Help You Now", and "No One's Aware" was featured in the episode "What Do You Go Home To?" "No One's Aware" was also featured in the film The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2, which was released in August in the US and was released in the UK in January 2009. His song "Chemical Courage" was featured on the A&E television series The Cleaner. The track "Soldier's Eyes" from Between the Minds played over the closing credits of the second episode of the fifth series of Sons Of Anarchy.
Savoretti toured Europe with Gavin DeGraw after he approached Savoretti asking him to be his support act. To coincide with Savoretti supporting DeGraw, Savoretti's debut album, Between the Minds, was released on all European iTunes Stores.
Harder Than Easy (2009–2011)
Savoretti's second album, Harder Than Easy, was due for release on 6 July 2009. The album release was postponed and is set to be released in North America on 15 September. On 14 April a new song called "Him & Her" was released through gigwise.com as a free download to launch the new album.
Savoretti wrote the track "One Day" specifically for the American film Post Grad, and a version of "One Day" is performed in the film by Zach Gilford's character. A "One Day" music video featuring Post Grad footage was released. The Film was released in the USA on 21 August 2009.
On 2 November 2010, Savoretti announced via Facebook that he was in London working on his third album. He spent most of 2011 touring and working on his third album, debuting many new songs.
Before The Storm (2012)
On 2 February 2012 Savoretti released the song "Hate & Love", featuring Sienna Miller, followed by the first single, "Knock Knock", on the 12th. On 3 May Savoretti released a third single called "Take Me Home" along with a music video. A competition was set for fans to cover this song and submit to the Facebook page in order to win the chance to tour with Savoretti. The third album, Before the Storm, was released on 4 June. With his band, The Dirty Romantics, they recorded at Kensaltown Studios and mastered the LP at Abbey Road Studios. The album showed a new side to Savoretti, yet kept the same poetic charm seen in previous albums. Starting his UK leg of the tour at The Borderline, Savoretti showcased the new material whilst also appearing to have something else up his sleeve with a song called "Crazy Town". In the autumn of 2012, Jack co-wrote songs with Janet Devlin for her upcoming debut release.
Written In Scars (2014-2015)
‘Before The Storm’ re-ignited Savoretti’s passion for songwriting, taught him how to put himself in his songs and, crucially, led him to the musicians who helped him helm Written in Scars - his fourth album and his first to be released by a major label, BMG Chrysalis, with whom he signed in 2014. Many of the songs on the album were co-written with Samuel Dixon, and Matt Benbrook. The track "Wasted" featured Lissie and a deluxe version contained three acoustic tracks.
The singles 'Tie Me Down', 'Home' and 'The Other Side Of Love' were playlisted and championed by BBC Radio 2, where Savoretti appeared as a guest on the shows of Dermot O'Leary, Chris Evans and Richard Madeley. Savoretti also appeared on BBC One's The One Show on 20 February to perform his single 'Home'.
Written In Scars was released on 9 February 2015 on BMG Chrysalis. The album charted in the official UK Albums Chart at #13 on 15 February 2015. BBC Radio 2 made Written In Scars their Album Of The Week on 1 February 2015, and Tesco also made it their Album Of The Week on 10 April 2015.
To mark the album's release, Savoretti embarked on a sold-out headline UK and Ireland tour, which took in cities including Manchester, Glasgow, Dublin and Leeds before finishing with a sold-out show at London's O2 Shepherd's Bush Empire, which was given a 4 star review by Emily Jupp of The Independent.
Personal life and family
|2008||The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2||"No One's Aware"|
|2009||Post Grad||"One Day"|
|2008||One Tree Hill||"No One's Aware"|
|One Tree Hill||"Between The Minds"|
|One Tree Hill||"Dreamers"|
|The Cleaner||"Chemical Courage"|
|2009||One Tree Hill||"Wonder"|
|Grey's Anatomy||"Songs From Different Times"|
|One Tree Hill||"Mother"|
|2010||Grey's Anatomy||"Breaking News"|
|2011||Grey's Anatomy||"Harder Than Easy"|
|Greek||"Ring of Fire"|
|2012||The Vampire Diaries||"Hate and Love"|
|One Tree Hill||"Changes"|
|Sons of Anarchy||"Soldier's Eyes"|
|The Xtra Factor||"Lifetime"|
|"Take Me Home"|
|"For The Last Time"|
|Freshly Squeezed||"Breaking The Rules"|
|Sunday Brunch||"Breaking The Rules"|
|2007||Top of the pops 2||"Dreamers"|
|2008||This Morning||"Gypsy Love"|
|MDA Telethon||"Dr Frankenstein"|
|2012||Got To Dance||"Knock Knock"|
|Morgan Spurlock's New Britannia||"Knock Knock"|
|2013||BBC Breakfast||"Not Worthy"|
|MOTD Kickabout||"Not Worthy"|
|Sunday Brunch||"Not Worthy"|
|2014||Life's A Pitch||"Sweet Hurt", "Broken Glass"||Vintage TV[disambiguation needed]||"Sweet Hurt"|
- Colin Polonowski. "CD Times – Jack Savoretti – Between the Minds in March". Retrieved 17 December 2008.
- Rickard Holmgren. "Interview with Jack Savoretti". Retrieved 9 July 2009.
- "Singer-songwriters: One vision". Copyright 2009 Independent News and Media Limited (London). 31 January 2007. Retrieved 9 July 2009.
- Louise McCudden. "Jack Savorett: Harder Than Easy". Retrieved 11 October 2009.
- Colin Polonowski. "CD Times – Jack Savoretti – Between The Minds and tour in May". Retrieved 29 December 2008.
- "CD Times – Jack Savoretti – UK tour in May". Retrieved 26 December 2008.
- Gigwise. "Exclusive: Jack Savoretti Video Blog And Download". Retrieved 16 April 2009.
- "Post Grad Sounds". Retrieved 21 July 2009.
- "Post Grad (2009) – Release Dates". Retrieved 21 July 2009.
- Jack Savoretti. "Facebook – Jack Savoretti". Retrieved 3 November 2010.
- "Jack Savoretti – Jack Savoretti Announces New Album 'Before The Storm' 28th May 2012". Retrieved 6 June 2012.
- "FROM SIENNA MILLER TO BOB DYLAN: A CONVERSATION WITH JACK SAVORETTI". Retrieved 6 June 2012.
- "Former X Factor Star Janet Devlin Launches Debut Album Campaign With Pledgemusic". Retrieved 4 January 2015.
- "Jack Savoretti interview: The former 'new Paolo Nutini' on finding success the hard way". 16 January 2015.
- Listing for the Written In Scars (deluxe edition) on Discogs.com, (accessed 27 February 2015).
- "Jack Savoretti Live In Session". 4 January 2015.
- "Jack Savoretti - Home".
- "Jack Savoretti - Home". 18 December 2014.
- "Jack Savoretti Comes ‘Home’ Unveils Stunning New Video". 22 December 2014.
- "Jack Savoretti: Seeing Rafe Spall with my wife in video was like an out-of-body experience".
- "EXCLUSIVE: Jack Savoretti's new music video".
- "OFFICIAL ALBUMS CHART RESULTS MATCHING: WRITTEN IN SCARS".
- "Jack Savoretti & Ward Thomas Return to Radio 2 Playlist".
- "My Beach Love: Formentera, Ibiza by Jack Savoretti". Retrieved 4 January 2015.
- Official website: http://jacksavoretti.com
- Web store: http://musicglue.com/jacksavoretti
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jacksavoretti
- Twitter: 
- Instagram: http://instagram.com/jacksavoretti
- SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/jacksavoretti
- YouTube: http://youtube.com/jacksavoretti
- Spotify: Jack Savoretti
- Jack Savoretti at the Internet Movie Database