Steven playing for St Kilda in April 2018
|Full name||Jack Steven|
|Date of birth||28 March 1990|
|Original team(s)||Geelong Falcons (TAC Cup)|
|Draft||No. 42, 2007 national draft|
Round 19, 2009, St Kilda|
vs. Hawthorn, at Aurora Stadium
|Height||180 cm (5 ft 11 in)|
|Weight||84 kg (185 lb)|
|Current club||St Kilda|
|2008–||St Kilda||176 (107)|
1 Playing statistics correct to the end of the 2018 season.
|Sources: AFL Tables, AustralianFootball.com|
Jack Steven (born 28 March 1990) is an Australian rules footballer playing for the St Kilda Football Club in the Australian Football League (AFL). Steven is a three-time Trevor Barker Award winner. He received a nomination for the 2011 AFL Rising Star award in round 10 of the 2011 season.
Originally from the Lorne Football Club, he attended Northfield Grammar which is a 1/2 hour drive down the coast past Lorne. Steven was recruited from the Geelong Falcons with pick 42 in the 2007 AFL Draft. Steven kicked the final goal of the 2008 NAB Cup quarter final – a competition which St Kilda went on to win, although Steven did not play in the final.
Steven made his AFL debut in Round 19 of the 2009 AFL season in the Saints' upset win over Hawthorn at York Park in Launceston, Tasmania when the then undefeated Saints were without seven of their best player due to injuries. It was his only AFL game for the year, but he played eight more in 2010.
In January 2011, Steven, along with three teammates, was suspended for six weeks and fined after breaking team rules involving alcohol, prescription medicine and leaving the team hotel while on a team camp in New Zealand. In Round 10, 2011, Steven was nominated for the 2011 AFL Rising Star.
During 2013 Steven established himself as one of the AFL's most elite emerging young midfielders. His explosive pace and ferociousness at the contest culminated in a career best season in which he won the 2013 Trevor Barker Award for St Kilda's best and fairest player.
In March 2015, Steven signed a new contract with the Saints, committing to the club until the end of the 2020 season. Steven played in all 22 games for St Kilda in 2015, averaging 27 disposals and kicking 9 goals. He was awarded his second Trevor Barker medal, finishing with 175 votes.
- Statistics are correct to the end of the 2018 season.
|Totals||Averages (per game)|
Honours and achievements
- "Jack Steven Player Profile Bio". Australian Football League. Retrieved 2009-07-08.
- Saints jigsaw almost solved
- The Saints make huge changes
- Unheralded Saints leave Hawks flat
- St Kilda suspends four after New Zealand camp
- Holmesby, Luke (2011-05-31). "Saint Steven". AFL.com.au. Retrieved 2011-05-23.
- "Brisbane Lions' Joel Patfull, St Kilda's Jack Steven, Adelaide Crow's Rory Sloane clubs' best and fairest". 7 September 2013.
- Navaratnam, Dinny (1 September 2016). "Jack Steven claims his third Trevor Barker Award". AFL.com.au. Bigpond. Retrieved 1 September 2016.
- "Jack Steven". AFL Tables. Retrieved 26 May 2018.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Jack Steven.|