Jack the Giant Killer (2013 direct-to-video film)
|Jack the Giant Killer|
|Directed by||Mark Atkins|
|Screenplay by||Mark Atkins|
|Music by||Chris Ridenhour|
|Distributed by||The Asylum|
Jack the Giant Killer is a 2013 American fantasy film produced by The Asylum and directed by Mark Atkins. A modern take of the fairy tales Jack the Giant Killer and Jack and the Beanstalk, the film stars Ben Cross and Jane March. It is a mockbuster of Jack the Giant Slayer. It was released on DVD in the UK as The Giant Killer.
This article needs an improved plot summary. (April 2019)
After climbing a giant beanstalk, Jack discovers a land in the clouds populated by evil beasts. When the beasts make their way down to Earth, he must figure out how to get back down and save everyone from the oncoming threat.
- Ben Cross as Agent Hinton
- Jane March as Serena
- Jamie Atkins as Jack Krutchens
- Vicki Glover as Lisa Russell
- Harry Dyer as Newald Krutchens
- Tanya Winsor as Sharon Mason
- Julian Boote as Nigel Mason
- Jon Campling as Jess Walters
- Steve McTigue as General O'Shauncey
- Robert Boyle as Sergeant Jones
- Noel Ross as Constable Milton
- Nigel Peever as Oscar Madison
The film was released direct-to-video and on video-on-demand on March 12, 2013. In the tradition of The Asylum's catalog, Jack the Giant Killer is a mockbuster of the New Line Cinema/Legendary Pictures film Jack the Giant Slayer.
Influx Magazine rated it "D" and called it "pretty bad".
- Foy, Scott (2013-02-10). "Would You Trade Some Magic Beans for Artwork and a Trailer for The Asylum's Jack the Giant Killer?". Dread Central. Retrieved 2014-01-01.
- Foy, Scott (2012-12-11). "More on The Asylum / Warner Bros. Hobbit Fiasco". Dread Central. Retrieved 2013-01-23.
- "Jack the Giant Killer". Influx Magazine. 2013-03-29. Retrieved 2014-01-01.
|This article about a fantasy film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|