Jacki Piper at the NEC in Birmingham, March 2009
3 August 1946
Birmingham, West Midlands, England, United Kingdom
Jacqueline Crump (born 3 August 1946), known professionally by her stage name Jacki Piper, is an English actress, best known for her appearances as the female juvenile lead in the British film comedies Carry On Up the Jungle (1970), Carry On Loving (1970), Carry On at Your Convenience (1971), and Carry On Matron (1972).
Born in Birmingham, she trained at the Birmingham Theatre School. Her career began on stage in the mid-1960s, playing in repertory theatre in Rhyl, Wales, where she was billed as Jackie Crump. Her film career began with an appearance with Roger Moore in the film The Man Who Haunted Himself in 1970, and her other film roles included Doctor in Trouble (1970) and The Love Ban (1973). For her film roles she decided to use a stage name, becoming Jacki Piper.
As well as her appearances in the Carry On films, she has had roles in several television series, including Z-Cars, the situation comedy The Fall and Rise of Reginald Perrin (in which she played the recurring role of market researcher Esther Pigeon), and Dangerfield.
Her other UK television roles include - Thriller (1973), playing the Bride in the episode Night Is the Time for Killing (18 Jan 1975); Return of the Saint (1978), playing Sally in the episode Tower Bridge Is Falling Down (10 Dec 1978); Backup (1995), playing Jury Foreman in the episode Touched (11 June 1997); Barbara (1999), playing Angela Croft in the episode Neighbours (2 March 2003); Wire in the Blood (2002), playing Mrs Davis in the episode Still She Cries (19 January 2004).
She still acts in TV, film and theatre. Her latest TV appearance to date was Wire in the Blood in 2004. She currently lives with her husband in Ordsall, Greater Manchester; they have two sons.
- Softly, Softly (1967) as Mary Rhys
- Softly, Softly: Taskforce (1973) as June
- Men of Affairs (1973) as Enid Rudge
- Z Cars (1974) as Beth Bramley
- The Two Ronnies (1975) as Miss Willow (3 episodes)
- The Fall and Rise of Reginald Perrin (1976-1977) as Esther Pidgeon (2 episodes)
- The Bill (1991, 1997) as Mrs Cox (1991) and Mrs Leston (1997)
- Doctors (2002) as Lesley
- Barbara (2003) as Angela Croft
- The Man Who Haunted Himself (1970) as Secretary (uncredited)
- Carry On Up The Jungle (1970) as June
- Doctor in Trouble (1970) as Cockney Girl
- Carry On Loving (1970) as Sally Martin
- Carry On At Your Convenience (1971) as Myrtle Plummer
- Carry On Matron (1972) as Sister
- The Love Ban (1973) as Pregnant Girl 2
- Mr Love (1985) as Ida
- Run for Your Wife (2012) (final film role)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Jacki Piper.|
|This article about an English film and television actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|