This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Birth name||Jackie James Barnes|
|Born||4 February 1986|
|Genres||Rock, blues, funk, world, pop|
|Instruments||Drums, percussion, keyboards|
|Associated acts||Jimmy Barnes, Lachy Doley, Tin Lids, The Ten Tenors, The Dead Daisies, Reece Mastin, The Wiggles, Rose Tattoo|
Jackie James Barnes (born 4 February 1986) is an Australian musician. He is a drummer, percussionist, pianist, songwriter and singer. He has been performing since the age of four and has appeared on over 60 releases since 1990. He is currently the drummer in the Australian rock band Rose Tattoo.
Born in Sydney on 4 February 1986, he was the third child and only son of Barnes and his wife Jane. His half-brother is Jimmy Barnes' oldest child, singer and actor David Campbell. Jackie Barnes was born while his father was touring the US with ZZ Top and named after Soul singer Jackie Wilson. Within days of his birth, his mother took him and his sisters to America to join their father on tour. He is of Thai and Scottish origin.
When he was four, he joined older sisters Eliza-Jane 'E.J.' and Mahalia for the recording sessions of their father's Two Fires album. Their voices are among the children's choir that features on the track "When Your Love is Gone".
From the age of five he formed part of the children's singing group The Tin Lids (after Glaswegian rhyming slang for "kids") with sisters Eliza-Jane 'E.J.', Elly-May and Mahalia. The Tin Lids recorded three albums between 1991 and 1994, all of which achieved platinum sales. One of their albums, Snakes & Ladders (1992) was also nominated for the ARIA Award for Best Children's Album in 1993.
After finishing high school, Barnes began touring with Jimmy Barnes as Keyboardist. In 2005, Barnes successfully auditioned for the position of drummer and backing vocalist in that same band. He recorded the song "Same Woman" as a duet with father on the 2005 album Double Happiness that topped the ARIA charts. Since then he has been able to work with artists including his uncles John Swan and Diesel, Keith Urban, Jonathan Cain, Neal Schon, Steve Morse, Joe Bonamassa, Andrew Roachford, Steve Van Zandt, The Dead Daisies, Shannon Noll, The Wiggles and Glenn Hughes to name a few.
In 2010 he graduated with a Bachelor of Music majoring in drum performance at Berklee College of Music in Boston, Massachusetts, US. At Berklee he had been able to study with the likes of Kenwood Dennard, Eguie Castrillo, Rod Morgenstein and Dave DiCenso.
Jackie recorded the drums on the 2007 Jimmy Barnes album Out in the Blue as well as on the DVD Max Sessions- Live at the Sydney Opera House and then in 2008 he played drums on the Jimmy Barnes Live at the Enmore DVD.
In 2013, Jackie toured worldwide with Australian Classical/Pop group The Ten Tenors playing over 100 shows to audiences in Europe, USA, Canada, Thailand and Australia. After touring with The Ten Tenors, Jackie joined Los Angeles based rock outfit "Heaven and Earth" and toured Europe extensively. 2014 saw Jackie join third series winner Reece Mastin on his "Wolf in the Woods" tour around Australia as well as recording and touring father Jimmy Barnes' album "30:30 Hindsight", a collaborative album to commemorate Jimmy's 30th year as a solo performer. Jackie also collaborated with Singer Songwriter "Alys" on a duo project called "Chance Carousel", with a debut EP scheduled for release in mid 2015. He also recorded the drums on Alys' debut EP due out in 2015. In early 2015 Jackie joined rock supergroup The Dead Daisies to record their album "Revoluciòn". Jackie also started working with legendary children's music group The Wiggles, recording drums on all of their releases since 2016, including the ARIA nominated "Duets" album. For his work on the Jimmy Barnes/Wiggles collaboration Och Aye the G'nu, Jackie won the ARIA Award for Best Children's Album. Around this time Jackie also started touring with Australian singer Shannon Noll.
The Lachy Doley Group
- Lovelight – Drums
- Live at Blues on Broadbeach – Drums
- Make or Break – Drums, Vocals, Percussion, Songwriter
- Hey Rudolph – Vocals
- Snakes And Ladders – Vocals
- Dinosaur Dreaming – Vocals
- Two Fires – B/Vocals
- Love and Fear – B/Vocals
- Double Happiness – Vocals, B/Vocals, Drums and Percussions
- Live in London – Drums and Keyboards
- Live in Concert – Drums and B/Vocals
- "50 Boxset" – Drums/Percussion/Vocals/Piano
- "In The Heat of the Night" – Drums/Vocals
- Out in the Blue – Drums, Piano and B/Vocals
- "EasyFever" – Drums
- "Max Sessions- Live at the Sydney Opera House" – Drums
- "Live at The Enmore Theatre" – Drums
- "Rage And Ruin" – Drums, Percussion, B/Vocals, Songwriting
- "30:30 Hindsight" – Drums, Percussion, B/Vocals
- "Och Aye the G'nu" – Drums, Percussion, B/Vocals, Piano, Songwriting
- Working Class Boy - Drums, Piano, Vocals, Songwriting
- "My Criminal Record" – Drums, Percussion, Vocals
- "Modus Operandi* - Drums
The Dead Daisies
- Revolución – Drums, Percussion, B/Vocals
- "Dance, Dance!" – Drums, Percussion, B/Vocals, Piano
- "Duets" – Drums, B/Vocals, Percussion
- "Lachy!" – Drums, Percussion, Piano, B/Vocals, Songwriting
- "Dial E For Emma" – Drums, Piano, B/Vocals, Percussion, Songwriting
- "Alys" – Drums, Percussion, B/Vocals
- "Chance Carousel" – Piano, Vocals, Drums, Percussion, Songwriting
The Ten Tenors
- Coathanger Antennae – Percussions
- Nick Hardcastle – Drums
The 12th Man
- Boned! – Vocals
- Live at the Basement – Drums and B/Vocals
- Follow Me – Drums and Percussions
- There And Back – Backing Vocals
- Outlaws – Drums
- "Christmas Day" – B-Vocals
- "Walk The Dinosaur" – B-Vocals
- "School" – B-Vocals
- "Dinosaurs in Space" – B-Vocals
- "When Your Love Is Gone" – B-Vocals
- "Bird On a Wire" – Percussion
- "Out of Time" – Percussion
- "Out in the Blue" – Drums
- "Better Off Alone" – Drums/Percussion/B-Vocals
- "Blue Hotel" – Drums/Percussion/Piano
- "I Can't Tell You Why" – Drums/Percussion/B-Vocals
- "Before The Devil Knows You're Dead" – Percussion/B-Vocals
- "God Or Money" – Percussion/B-Vocals
- "Largs Pier Hotel" – Percussion/B-Vocals
- "I'd Die To Be With You Tonight" – Drums/Percussion
Jimmy Barnes & Mahalia Barnes
- "Gonna Take Some Time" – Percussion
- "Flesh & Wood" – Vocals
- "Barnes Hits" – Vocals
- "Karaoke" – Vocals/Drums/Percussion
- "Max Sessions- Live at the Sydney Opera House" – Drums/Percussion
- "Live at the Enmore" – Drums/Percussion
- "Dance, Dance!" – Drums, Percussion, B/Vocals
- "Duets" – Drums, Percussion, B/Vocals
- "Lachy!" – Drums, Percussion, B/Vocals, Piano, Songwriting
- "Dial E For Emma" – Drums, Percussion, B/Vocals, Piano, songwriter
- "Vic Firth : The Perfect Pair : Artist Roster". Vicfirth.com. Archived from the original on 28 August 2018. Retrieved 6 August 2014.
- "Jackie Barnes". pearldrum.com. Archived from the original on 14 January 2010. Retrieved 25 September 2009.