|Member of the Oregon Senate
from the 23rd district
|Preceded by||Avel Gordly|
|Member of the Oregon House of Representatives
from the 19th (through 2002), then 45th district
|Preceded by||Jo Ann Bowman (before redistricting)|
|Succeeded by||Michael Dembrow (after redistricting)|
Jackie Dingfelder is a Democratic politician in the U.S. state of Oregon. She is a former member of the Oregon State Senate and the Oregon House of Representatives, and as of November 4, 2013, will be a part of Portland, Oregon Mayor Charlie Hales' staff.
Dingfelder has a Bachelor’s Degree in Geography-Ecosystems Management from the University of California, Los Angeles and a Master’s Degree in regional planning, with an emphasis on water resources management, from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
Dingfelder was appointed to the Oregon House of Representatives, representing District 19, in April 2001, to fill a vacancy created by the resignation of Jo Ann Bowman. After redistricting based on data from the 2000 Census, Dingfelder represented House District 45. In the 2007–2008 session, Dingfelder chaired the House Energy and Environment Committee, and sat on the Agriculture and Natural Resources Committee. She also chaired a conference committee.
In 2009, she joined the Oregon State Senate representing District 23 (Northeast and Southeast Portland). In the Senate she chaired the Senate Environment & Natural Resources Committee, and sat on the Joint Ways and Means Subcommittee on Natural Resources and the Senate Judiciary Committee. Her support and advocacy in animal-related measures saw her labeled as a 2011 "Top Dog" by the Oregon Humane Society. In October 2013, Dingfelder resigned from the Senate to join the staff of the mayor of Portland. She resigned in July 2014 to pursue other interests.
- "State Government Legislators and Staff, 2001 Regular Session". Oregon State Archives. Retrieved January 5, 2013.
- 2011 Oregon Humane Society Legislative Scorecard Archived June 28, 2012, at the Wayback Machine. at the Oregon Humane Society
- Giegerich, Andy (October 16, 2013). "Dingfelder leaves Oregon Senate for Hales' staff". Portland Business Journal. Retrieved October 17, 2013.
- Theen, Andy (July 23, 2015). "Charlie Hales is losing Jackie Dingfelder, another top aide". The Oregonian. Retrieved November 11, 2015.
- Oregon State House – Jackie Dingfelder official government website
|This article about an Oregon politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|