Jackie Matisse, also known as Jaqueline Matisse Monnier, (born 1931) is a French artist. She was born in Fontainebleau Forest, the eldest of the three children of Pierre Matisse and Alexina Duchamp. For a time she was married to the French banker, Bernard Monnier.
One example of her work is her collaboration with David Tudor and Molly Davies, Sea Tails. An early supporter of Merce Cunningham, she served on the board of directors of the Cunningham Dance Foundation from 2004 to 2012.
- Kuhn, Laura (ed.) (2016). The Selected Letters of John Cage, p. 355. Wesleyan University Press. ISBN 0819575925
- The Getty Research Institute. "Davis Tudor: Biographies of Artists and Collaborators"
- Ruhe, Ben (March 2003), ""Airborne, Underwater, Cyber Flying: The World of Kite Artist Jackie Matisse". Journal of the Drachen Foundation, p. 18.
- Shuster, Robert. (Tuesday, 5 January 2010). "Hans Breder's 'Inmixing'; Anton Lamazares at Queen Sofia; Zone's 'Disciplined Spontaneity'", VillageVoice.com.[dead link]
- "Jackie Matisse: New Art Volant", evl.uic.edu.
- "Jackie Matisse: New Art Volant", ZoneContemporary.[dead link]
- "Art That Soars: Kites and Tails by Jackie Matisse", Mingei.org.
- "The Artist: Jackie Matisse", Raykass.com.
|This article about a French artist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|