||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2013)|
Jackie Sawiris as Majida in "Knightmare" in 1993.
|Occupation||Actress, director, producer and writer|
Her breakthrough role was playing the Arabian genie Majida in the popular CITV Adventure gameshow Knightmare for 2 years (until the shows end) from 1993–1994, taking over from David Learner who played the wood elf "Pickle". Her role in the series was the same as Pickle's, to provide some comic relief, to make teams more relaxed. Majida would often summon the dungeoneer's in herself and in the first episode of Season 7 she changes the Helmet of Justice for a new one (complete with a visor) which annoys Treguard (the show's host) played by Hugo Myatt.
Her Film and TV Credits (as an Actress) consist of;
- SenseLess (2010) as Kalthoum.
- The Shooting of Thomas Hurndall (2008) as Taysir's Mother.
- Secrets of the Jesus Tomb (2008) Herself (Presenter).
- 10 Days to War (2008) as Somaiya.
- The Holy Family (2006) as Mary of Cleopatra.
- Eyes Wide Shut (1999) as Roz.
- The Bill (1998) as Maria Jolliffe.
- The Big Swap (1998) as Sydney.
- Emmerdale (4 episodes) (1998) as Beth Williams.
- Table 5 as Ramona.
- Krazy Ivan (Video Game) (1995) as Fatima.
- Death Machine (1994) as a Waitress.
- Knightmare (1993–1994) as Majida.
Producer and director
She has also worked behind the camera, and has been active since 1988 (as a director and a producer). She was assistant director (1st AD/2nd Unit) on the film The Mummy Returns (2001). She was also Production Secretary on 12 episodes of The Wire in 2003.
Her film and TV credits (as a producer and director) consist of;
- Bits and Pieces (2009) as Director.
- Recycle (2007) as Associate Producer
- The Wire (12 episodes) (2003) as Production Secretary.
- The Mummy Returns (2001) as First Assistant Director: Second Unit.
She is currently working on a selection of projects and films, some written, directed and starring herself.