Bhagnani at the Beti fashion show
|Born||Kolkata, West Bengal, India|
|Parent(s)||Vashu Bhagnani, Pooja Bhagnani|
|Relatives||Dheeraj Deshmukh (brother-in-law)|
Jackky Bhagnani is an Indian Bollywood actor. He is the son of Indian producer Vashu Bhagnani. He made his acting debut in 2009 with Kal Kissne Dekha and then appeared in a moderate success F.A.L.T.U in 2011. He was last seen in movie Welcome to Karachi.
Bhagnani was born in Kolkata, West Bengal in India to a Sindhi family. He studied in Welham Boys School and St.Teresa's High School. Post schooling, he chose to acquire a Degree in Commerce from H.R. College of Commerce and Economics, Mumbai. He has also done an acting course from Lee Strasberg Theatre and Film Institute in New York.
Jackky's debut film was Kal Kissne Dekha which came out in 2009. The movie received mostly negative reviews and was unsuccessful at the box office.[better source needed] Taran Adarsh, writing for Bollywood Hungama, noted that "the film lacks the fun that one normally associates with a campus fare. Even the climax leaves a lot to be desired."
In April 2011, he starred in F.A.L.T.U. The film received mixed reviews and did modestly well at the box office. In May 2015, Jackky revealed that a sequel to the movie has been planned.
Rangrezz, directed by Priyadarshan, was released in 2014. It garnered excellent reviews and featured Jackky Bhagnani dancing to Psy's "Gangnam Style". The rights to the song were bought by Jackky's father Vashu Bhagnani, also the producer of the film, for an undisclosed sum. Despite this, the film failed to leave a mark at the box office.
The movie later became the subject of much controversy when it was revealed that it was India's independent entry to the Oscars. Twitter was abuzz with jokes on Jackky Bhagnani, with users expressing surprise and dismay over the movie's selection.
Jackky's latest film is Welcome to Karachi which released on 28 May 2015. The film failed to do well at the box office, and could not compete with Tanu Weds Manu Returns which was released a week earlier. Welcome to Karachi also received poor reviews and failed to impress critics.
|2009||Kal Kissne Dekha||Nihal Singh|
|2012||Ajab Gazabb Love||Rajveer Grewal|
|2014||Youngistaan||Prime Minister Abhimanyu Kaul|
|2015||Welcome to Karachi||Kedar Patel|
|2016||Mohini||Filming (Tamil film)|
All the six films that the actor has starred in have been produced by his father, Vashu Bhagnani - a fact which the actor recently admitted during an interview.
|2010||Kal Kissne Dekha||IIFA Award||Star Debut of the Year – Male||Won|
|Apsara Awards||Best Debut (Male)||Won|
|Star Guild Awards||Best Male Debut||Won|
|2012||F.A.L.T.U||Star Guild Awards||Superstar Of Tomorrow - Male||Won|
|2014||Youngistaan||BIG Star Entertainment Awards||BIG Star Most Entertaining Actor in a Social Role - Male||Won|
- "I am still not allowed to bring girls home: Jackky Bhagnani". The Times of India. 8 February 2014. Retrieved 2 March 2014.
- "Newcomer Jackky Bhagnani shed 65 kilos for Bollywood debut". Hindustan Times. 2009-02-02.
- Bollywood Hungama (12 June 2009). "Kal Kissne Dekha".
- "Kal Kissne Dekha : A truly dismal tomorrow". Rediff. 12 June 2009.
- "Kal Kissne Dekha Movie Review". The Times of India.
- Kal Kissne Dekha
- "Review: Not a FALTU idea after all". Rediff. 1 April 2011.
- "Review: F.A.L.T.U". NDTVMovies.com.
- "FALTU: Movie Review". The Times of India.
- "Mayank Shekhar's review: Faltu". Hindustan Times/.
- "Box-Office: FALTU Drops From Monday; ‘Game’ Over". Koimoi.
- "Jackky Bhagnani: We are working on 'F.A.L.T.U' sequel". The Times of India.
- "Box Office: Rush, Chakravyuh and Ajab Gazabb Love". IBNLive.
- "Review: Rangrezz is a powerful social drama". Rediff. 22 March 2013.
- "Movie review: Rangrezz". NDTVMovies.com.
- "Rangrezz review. Rangrezz Bollywood movie review, story, rating - IndiaGlitz.com". IndiaGlitz.
- "‘Rangrezz’: Jackky Bhagnani's `Gangnam style` deal worth it, says Vashu Bhagnani". Zee News.
- "Box Office: Poor opening for Aatma, Rangrezz". Rediff. 25 March 2013.
- Bollywood Hungama. "Rangrezz".
- "Movie Review: 'Youngistaan'". mid-day. 7 April 2014.
- "‘Youngistaan’ review: The film, despite its efforts, becomes muddled, and dull". The Indian Express. 28 March 2014.
- "Movie review by Anupama Chopra: Youngistaan is brain-dead and insufferable". Hindustan Times.
- "Youngistaan review: I wouldn't vote for It". Rediff. 28 March 2014.
- "Youngistaan's Oscars entry ‘inspires’ Kamaal R Khan to make ‘Deshdrohi 2’". The Indian Express. 19 December 2014.
- "Jackky Bhagnani's 'Youngistaan' in the Oscar race". The Times of India.
- "Youngistaan goes to Oscars: Jackky Bhagnani jokes trend on Twitter". The Times of India.
- Rashmi Mishra. "Youngistaan nominated for Oscar 2014 Awards but Jackky Bhagnani is upset, all thanks to Twitterati!". India.com.
- Bollywood Hungama. "Check out: Jackky Bhagnani and Arshad Warsi in Welcome to Karachi - Latest Movie Features - Bollywood Hungama".
- "Welcome To Karachi : 1st Monday, Tuesday Box Office Collections". Koimoi.
- "Welcome 2 Karachi? Erm, no thanks". Rediff. 29 May 2015.
- Bollywood Hungama (29 May 2015). "Welcome 2 Karachi".
- "Jackky Bhagnani: Because my dad backs my films, other filmmakers shy away from approaching me!".
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Jackky Bhagnani.|