Bhagnani at the Beti fashion show
|Born||25 December 1984 (age 33)|
|Occupation||Actor, Producer, Music Curator, Entrepreneur|
|Mitron, Kal Kissne Dekha, Carbon, Sarbjit|
|Parent(s)||Vashu Bhagnani, Pooja Bhagnani|
|Relatives||Dheeraj Deshmukh (brother-in-law) Deespshikha Deshmukh (sister)|
|Awards||IIFA Award - Star Debut of the Year - Male (2010), Star Guild Awards (2012), Apsara Awards - Best Debut Male (2010)|
Jackky Bhagnani is an Indian Bollywood actor, music curator and film producer. He is the son of Indian producer Vashu Bhagnani. He made his acting debut in 2009 with Kal Kissne Dekha, appeared in the moderately successful F.A.L.T.U in 2011, and most recently played the lead in Mitron.
Bhagnani was born in Kolkata, West Bengal in India to a Sindhi family. He studied in Welham Boys School and St.Teresa's High Scll. After schooling, he chose to acquire a degree in Commerce from H.R. College of Commerce and Economics, Mumbai. He has also done an acting course from Lee Strasberg Theatre and the Film Institute in New York.
Jackky's debut film was Kal Kissne Dekha, which came out in 2009. The movie received mostly negative reviews and was unsuccessful at the box office. Taran Adarsh, writing for Bollywood Hungama, noted that "the film lacks the fun that one normally associates with a campus fare. Even the climax leaves a lot to be desired."
In April 2011, he starred in F.A.L.T.U. The film received mixed reviews and did moderately well at the box office. In May 2015, Jackky revealed that a sequel to the movie has been planned.
Rangrezz, directed by Priyadarshan, was released in 2014. It garnered excellent reviews and featured Jackky Bhagnani dancing to Psy's "Gangnam Style". The rights to the song were bought by Jackky's father Vashu Bhagnani, also the producer of the film, for an undisclosed sum. Despite this, the film failed to leave a mark at the box office.
The movie later became the subject of much controversy when it was revealed that it was India's independent entry to the Oscars. Twitter was abuzz with jokes on Jackky Bhagnani, with users expressing surprise and dismay over the movie's selection.
Jackky's latest film is Welcome to Karachi, which released on 28 May 2015. The film failed to do well at the box office, and could not compete with Tanu Weds Manu Returns, which was released a week earlier. Welcome to Karachi also received poor reviews and failed to impress critics. In 2016, he turned to film producing with Sarbjit along with his sister Deespshikha Deshmukh.Sarbjit was a commercially successful movie.In 2017, he produced and acted in a short film, Carbon which was released on YouTube. Dil Juunglee and Welcome to New York are the movies he produced in 2018 so far.He is doing a Hindi film called Mitron. He is waiting for a Tamil debut. He will be next seen in the movie Anandwaa which will be directed by Abir Sengupta.
! Year !! Title !! Role !! Notes |- | 2009 || Kal Kissne Dekha || Nihal Singh |rowspan="6"|as actor |- | 2011 || F.A.L.T.U |- | 2012 || Ajab Gazabb Love || Rajveer Grewal |- | 2013 || Rangrezz || Rishi Deshpande |- | 2014 || Youngistaan || Prime Minister Abhimanyu Kaul |- | 2015 || Welcome 2 Karachi || Kedar Patel |- | 2016 || Sarbjit || data-sort-value="" style="background: #ececec; color: #2C2C2C; vertical-align: middle; font-size: smaller; text-align: center; " class="table-na" | N/A || Debut as Producer |- | 2017 || Carbon || Random Shukla || Released on 26 August 2017 on YouTube |- | rowspan="4"|2018 || Dil Juunglee || rowspan=2 data-sort-value="" style="background: #ececec; color: #2C2C2C; vertical-align: middle; font-size: smaller; text-align: center; " class="table-na" | N/A |rowspan="2"|Producer |- || Welcome to New York |- ||Mitron || Jay|| as actor |- || Mohini || Sandeep|| Debut Tamil film |-
|2010||Kal Kissne Dekha||IIFA Award||Star Debut of the Year – Male||Won|
|Apsara Awards||Best Debut (Male)||Won|
|Star Guild Awards||Best Male Debut||Won|
|2012||F.A.L.T.U||Star Guild Awards||Superstar Of Tomorrow - Male||Won|
|2014||Youngistaan||BIG Star Entertainment Awards||BIG Star Most Entertaining Actor in a Social Role - Male||Won|
- "Jackky Bhagnani wants to integrate Steve Angello's music in his next - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 2018-10-15.
- "Jackky Bhagnani turns music curator for Mitron - Planet Bollywood". Planet Bollywood. 2018-08-15. Retrieved 2018-10-15.
- "Mitron movie review: A simple story made into a very entertaining comedy". Deccan Chronicle. 2018-09-14. Retrieved 2018-10-15.
- "I am still not allowed to bring girls home: Jackky Bhagnani". The Times of India. 8 February 2014. Retrieved 2 March 2014.
- "Newcomer Jackky Bhagnani shed 65 kilos for Bollywood debut". Hindustan Times. 2009-02-02.
- "Kal Kissne Dekha". Bollywoodhungama.com. 12 June 2009. Retrieved 2017-01-01.
- "Kal Kissne Dekha : A truly dismal tomorrow". Rediff.com. 12 June 2009.
- "Kal Kissne Dekha Movie Review". The Times of India.
- "Review: Not a FALTU idea after all". Rediff. 1 April 2011.
- "Review: F.A.L.T.U". NDTVMovies.com.
- "FALTU: Movie Review". The Times of India.
- "Mayank Shekhar's review: Faltu". Hindustan Times/.
- "Box-Office: FALTU Drops From Monday; 'Game' Over". Koimoi.
- "Jackky Bhagnani: We are working on 'F.A.L.T.U' sequel". The Times of India.
- "Box Office: Rush, Chakravyuh and Ajab Gazabb Love". IBNLive.
- "Review: Rangrezz is a powerful social drama". Rediff. 22 March 2013.
- "Movie review: Rangrezz". NDTVMovies.com.
- "Rangrezz review. Rangrezz Bollywood movie review, story, rating - IndiaGlitz.com". IndiaGlitz.
- "'Rangrezz': Jackky Bhagnani's `Gangnam style` deal worth it, says Vashu Bhagnani". Zee News.
- "Box Office: Poor opening for Aatma, Rangrezz". Rediff. 25 March 2013.
- Bollywood Hungama. "Rangrezz".
- "Movie Review: 'Youngistaan'". mid-day. 7 April 2014.
- "'Youngistaan' review: The film, despite its efforts, becomes muddled, and dull". The Indian Express. 28 March 2014.
- "Movie review by Anupama Chopra: Youngistaan is brain-dead and insufferable". Hindustan Times.
- "Youngistaan review: I wouldn't vote for It". Rediff. 28 March 2014.
- "Youngistaan's Oscars entry 'inspires' Kamaal R Khan to make 'Deshdrohi 2'". The Indian Express. 19 December 2014.
- "Jackky Bhagnani's 'Youngistaan' in the Oscar race". The Times of India.
- "Youngistaan goes to Oscars: Jackky Bhagnani jokes trend on Twitter". The Times of India.
- Rashmi Mishra. "Youngistaan nominated for Oscar 2014 Awards but Jackky Bhagnani is upset, all thanks to Twitterati!". India.com.
- Bollywood Hungama. "Check out: Jackky Bhagnani and Arshad Warsi in Welcome to Karachi,thus no film in which jacky has acted, has become successful at the box office, thus he has taken an oath to never act again in the near future. atest Movie Features - Bollywood Hungama".
- "Welcome To Karachi : 1st Monday, Tuesday Box Office Collections". Koimoi.
- "Welcome 2 Karachi? Erm, no thanks". Rediff. 29 May 2015.
- Bollywood Hungama (29 May 2015). "Welcome 2 Karachi".
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Jackky Bhagnani.|