March 6, 1953 |
Englewood, New Jersey, U.S.
|Spouse(s)||Murray the K (1979–81)
Steve Gribbin (1985–86)
Glenn Gorden (1988–2007)
Zeman was born in Englewood, New Jersey, the daughter of Rita Zeman-Rohlman, a magazine supervisor, and Richard S. Zeman, a systems engineer. She grew up in Bergenfield, New Jersey and completed her high school studies at age 15 at Bergenfield High School, after which she studied dance on a scholarship at New York University. She was a Playboy Bunny at the Playboy Club in 1972.
Zeman has been married three times. Her first marriage, to Murray Kaufman, a popular DJ known as Murray the K, lasted from September 16, 1979 to 1981. Her second marriage, to Steve Gribbin, lasted from 1985 to 1986. Zeman and her third husband, Glenn Gorden, were married from February 14, 1988, to June 21, 2007. Zeman and Gorden have two daughters, Cassidy Zee Gorden (born September 16, 1990) and Lacey Rose Gorden (born July 15, 1992).
She was also close to another late GH co-star Anna Lee (wealthy matriarch Lila Quartermaine), whom Zeman paid tribute to in 2004, prior to Lee's death. She recently said in an interview, when asked if Lee had a pretty great memory: "Absolutely, she did! She was so beautiful and funny. Oh, my God, she was funny. She had a bawdy sense of humor. And of how many women, she stayed on that show for so many years, and well, well, well, with an older woman, which she was on, and still, they could shot her so tight with such beautiful close-ups, because, she had such [well, not only], a beautiful face, when she continued to having as she aged, but the beauty and the light within her, in her spirit, it just truly say, 'A Star Shines.' She is the perfect example of that!" She also responded if Lee had been like a 'surrogate grandmother' to Zeman, both on- and off- the camera, "I have great respect and admiration for Anna Lee personally and professionally. She was always a pleasure to spend time with both on and off the set. I still think of her often and I feel blessed to have experienced her friendship and her amazing sense of humor. I miss her beautiful smiling face." The last thing she said about the times that she & Lee spent together, while not doing General Hospital, like fundraisers or primarily eating out was, "Yes, and I enjoyed every minute of the time Anna Lee and I spent together. She was such fun to be around and she had the best sense of humor. Very earthy. I miss her so much but I feel such gratitude to have known her and worked with her and I will always remember her with love and friendship in my heart."
- (1976–77): One Life to Live as Lana McClain (credited as Jackie Zeman)
- (1976): The Edge of Night as Bobbi
- (1977-2010, 2013-): General Hospital as Bobbie Spencer
- (1977): The Day the Music Died as Samantha as (credited as Jackie Zeman)
- (1982): National Lampoon's Class Reunion as Jane Washbur
Awards and nominations
- Daytime Emmys nominations
- Outstanding Supporting Actress (1981) for General Hospital
- Outstanding Supporting Actress (1995) for General Hospital
- Outstanding Supporting Actress (1997) for General Hospital
- Outstanding Lead Actress (1998) for General Hospital
- Favorite Villainess (1979)
- Staff. Jackie Zeman; Malibu, California, FabOverFifty.com. Accessed September 11, 2012. "When did you start acting? In high school. We had a great drama department at Bergenfield High School. I got cast in all of the plays and loved it. I played Peggy Evans in Come Blow Your Horn and Puck in A Midsummer Night’s Dream."
- FAQ: The Playboy Clubs
- SoapZone: General Hospital News & Gossip
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Jacklyn Zeman.|