Jackpot (2013 film)
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Kaizad Gustad|
|Produced by||Raina Sachiin Joshi|
|Written by||Kaizad Gustad|
Sachiin J Joshi
Viiking Media & Entertainment
|Box office||₹50 million (US$700,000)|
Jackpot is a 2013 Hindi comedy thriller directed by Kaizad Gustad starring Sunny Leone, Naseeruddin Shah and Sachiin J Joshi. The film released on 13 December 2013 with 1150 screens release in India. The movie was declared a flop both critically as well as commercially by Box Office India, with total earnings of just ₹50 million (US$700,000).
Francis (Sachiin J Joshi) packs in the muscle and has a can of beer always close at hand. He is also street-smart enough to impress Maya (Sunny Leone), the oomphy voice of reason in the movie. Boss Man (Naseeruddin Shah) is a veteran raver whose clothes are as colorful as his principles and punchlines. Slow in speech but quick to draw a six-shooter, he owns the Jackpot casino.
- Naseeruddin Shah as Boss
- Sunny Leone as Maya
- Sachiin J Joshi as Francis
- Bharath as Anthony D’Souza
- Makrand Deshpande
- Manish Wadhwa
- Sumit Kumar
- Daniel Weber (cameo)
The soundtrack has 9 tracks. Sharib & Toshi, Mika, Remo Fernandes, Gods Robots (Shridevi Keshavan & Janaka Atugoda), Rishi Rich, Juno Reactor, Rahul Bhatt, Jaaved Jaaferi and Itek Bhutani composed one song each.
Song Title - Performed by - Music by - Lyrics by
- Kabhi Jo Baadal Barse - Arijit Singh - Sharib & Toshi - Turaz & Azeem Shirazi
- Full Jhol - Mika Singh, Akasa Singh - Mika Singh - Raj Hans
- Bol Bugger Bol - Remo Fernandes - Remo Fernandes - Abhijeet Deshpande
- Jackpot Jeetna - Sunidhi Chauhan - Gods Robots - Kaizad Gustad
- Kabhi Jo Baadal Barse (Remix) - Arijit Singh feat. Rishi Rich - Sharib & Toshi - Turaz & Azeem Shirazi
- Jackpot – Hamsika Iyer - Juno Reactor - Kaizad Gustad
- Eggjactly – Jaaved Jaaferi - Rahul Bhatt - Jaaved Jaaferi
- Kabhi Jo Baadal Barse (Female) - Shreya Ghoshal - Sharib & Toshi - Turaz & Azeem Shirazi
- Now You See, Now You Don’t – Ramya Iyer - Itek Bhutani - Kaizad Gustad & Ramya Iyer
- Kabhi Jo Baadal Barse (Remix) - Arijit Singh - Sharib & Toshi - Turaz & Azeem Shirazi
Censor Board axed the rap song 'Eggjactly' from the film as it was a bit vulgar, though the video of the song was released online. The premiere of Jackpot was held at PVR Cinemas in Juhu, Mumbai, on 12 December 2013 to which Shahrukh Khan, Urvashi Sharma and other celebrities came. Sunny Leone promoted the film in various cities like Gurgaon, Chandigarh, Kolkata, Mumbai, and Bangalore (Inorbit Mall). Sunny Leone and Sachin also promoted the film on the shows 'Bigg Boss 7' and 'Comedy Circus Ke Mahabali'.
Jackpot grossed ₹10 million (US$140,000) on day one. It grossed ₹34.5 million (US$480,000) on domestic box office in its first weekend. The film had a poor first week collection of ₹45 million (US$630,000).
The movie was universally panned by most film critics. However, some critics gave slightly positive reviews.
Reagan Gavin Rasquinha of Times of India gave Jackpot 3 stars out of 5. Shubhra Gupta of Indian Express gave the film 3 /12 star only. Avad M of Bollywood3 rated the film 2.5/5 and stated that Sunny Leone is the only saving grace of this film as she is brilliant as the notorious con and looks amazing throughout the film.
- "SUNNY-SACHIIN IN A GAME OF HIGH STAKES". Retrieved 2013-11-02.
- "Sunny Leone's Jackpot to release on December 13". intoday.in.
- "Sachiin, Sunny Leone in an interesting game". The Times of India.
- [dead link]
- "Sunny Leone's Jackpot to release on Dec 13". The Times of India.
- "Semi-nude intimate scene featuring Sunny Leone may earn 'Jackpot' adult certificate?". dna. 26 November 2013.
- Bollywood Hungama (2013-10-30). "Rajinikanth makes way for Sunny Leone". Bollywood Hungama.
- "'Eggjactly' axed because of censor board's bias: 'Jackpot' actor". The Times of India.
- "PHOTOS: Shah Rukh Khan's date with Sunny Leone Photo Gallery, Picture News Gallery - The Indian Express". indianexpress.com.
- "Sunny Leone reveals all for Shah Rukh Khan at Jackpot screening - daily.bhaskar.com". daily.bhaskar.com. 2013-12-13.
- "PIX: Sunny Leone, Shah Rukh Khan at Jackpot screening". Rediff. 13 December 2013.
- "Sunny Leone in Bangalore". The Times of India.
- "Kapil Sharma refuses to share stage with Sunny Leone?". The Times of India.
- "Sunny Leone to act on Comedy Circus". The Times of India.
- "sunny leone to act on comedy circus: मूवी मसाला: आज तक". Aajtak.intoday.in. 2014-06-24. Retrieved 2015-11-26.
- [dead link]
- https://web.archive.org/web/20131225010210/http://www.boxofficeindia.com/boxdetail.php?page=shownews&articleid=6325&nCat=. Archived from the original on 25 December 2013. Retrieved 22 December 2013. Missing or empty
- "Jackpot Movie Review". The Times of India.
- "Movie review: 'Jackpot' is stretched-out lameness". indianexpress.com.