|Look up jackrabbit in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Jackrabbits are mammals in the same family as rabbits. All Jackrabbits are actually hares. The word jackrabbit comes from a book by Mark Twain, in which he describes the creature as a jackass rabbit, on account of the hare's ears looking as though they belonged to a donkey. Later on this term shortened to jackrabbit. The six species are:
- Antelope jackrabbit
- Black-tailed jackrabbit
- White-sided jackrabbit
- Tehuantepec jackrabbit
- Black jackrabbit
- White-tailed jackrabbit
Jack rabbit or Jackrabbit may also refer to:
- Apache Jackrabbit, a Java-based content repository
- JackRabbit Beta, now JumpUp website of Intuit Inc.
- Jazz Jackrabbit, a game series
- South Dakota State Jackrabbits, the athletic teams of South Dakota State University
- Jackrabbit Johannsen (1875–1987), athlete Herman Smith-Johannsen
- Jack Rabbit, erotic appliance Rabbit vibrator
- Jackrabbit Pass, Arizona wildlife-protection area
- "Jackrabbiting," rapid acceleration from a stopped position with a motor vehicle
- The Jack Rabbit Trading Post in Joseph City, Arizona
- A song from the album Have One On Me by Joanna Newsom
- Janoris Jenkins, an NFL cornerback who goes by the nickname "Jackrabbit"
- Jackrabbit (film), a 2015 American cyberpunk film
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Jackrabbit.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.