Jackson Andrews in October 2010 at the FCW arena
|Birth name||Steven Andrew Slocum|
November 5, 1979 |
West Monroe, Louisiana, United States
|Professional wrestling career|
|Billed height||6 ft 11 in (2.11 m)|
|Billed weight||260 lb (118 kg)|
|Billed from||Houston, Texas|
|Trained by||Booker T
Florida Championship Wrestling
Steven Andrew "Steve" Slocum (born November 5, 1979) is an American professional wrestler, better known for his time in WWE under the ring name Jackson Andrews, where he acted as Tyson Kidd's enforcer while on the Raw brand. He is also known for his work in the WWE developmental promotion Florida Championship Wrestling.
Slocum attended Texas A&M University from 1999 to 2004 and lettered on the Texas A&M Aggies men's basketball team as a center in the 1999–00 season, then from 2001 to 2004. He went by Steve Slocum at Texas A&M. After Texas A&M, he played professional basketball in Europe as Andy Slocum, first for Club Melilla Baloncesto of the Spanish second-tier LEB Oro, then for Galatasaray of the Turkish Basketball League.
Professional wrestling career
Slocum wrestled as 'Cyrus' for the Pro Wrestling Alliance (PWA) in Texas, where he was managed by Lady Poison. He made his PWA debut at Clash of Champions on July 21, 2007 in Pasadena, Texas, where he defeated Devin in a squash match. He also appeared at PWA's next show, Midsummer Madness, where he defeated Santana in a squash. Cyrus went on to defeat Nicolas, Samson, and Robbie Gilmore throughout late 2007 and early 2008.
World Wrestling Entertainment / WWE
In September 2009, it was reported that Slocum had signed a contract with World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE), and had been assigned to Florida Championship Wrestling (FCW), a WWE developmental territory under the ring name 'Jackson Andrews'. He made his in-ring debut in late 2009.
In early 2010, Andrews formed an alliance and tag team with Curt Hawkins, with the pair debuting as a tag team on February 18 by defeating The South Beach Boys (Darren Young and Percy Watson). The two began feuding with Hawkins' former stablemates The Dude Busters (Caylen Croft and Trent Barreta), who Hawkins had abandoned to ally with Andrews. Andrews went on to defeat both Croft and Barreta in singles matches in March. Over the next few months, Andrews and Hawkins went on to face The Rotundo Brothers (Bo and Duke), and the team of Eli Cottonwood and Wes Brisco. In November and December, Andrews appeared at several WWE house shows, losing to Goldust and defeating JTG. On the December 6, 2010, episode of Raw, Slocum appeared as the unidentified bodyguard for Tyson Kidd, accompanying Kidd to the ring and attacking Kidd's opponent, David Hart Smith. The following week, Kidd introduced him as 'Jackson Andrews'. On the December 27 episode of Raw, Andrews had an in-ring confrontation with Mark Henry after Henry had defeated Kidd, but Henry performed his finishing move on Andrews. After this, Slocum was sent back to FCW for more training and later released In May 2011.
Slocum was engaged to fellow wrestler Milena Roucka in 2012. On August 5, 2012, Roucka filed battery charges against Slocum with the San Antonio Police Department, over an earlier incident at their Las Vegas home. Roucka stated that she was afraid Slocum would kill her, and that abuse was an ongoing problem. Police photographed scratches and bruises on her body. It was then revealed that Slocum was also engaged to another woman, Amber Stoval, who he had been dating for 4 years prior.
Championships and accomplishments
- Pro Wrestling Illustrated
- "Jackson Andrews". Online World of Wrestling. Retrieved December 31, 2010.
- "Jackson Andrews". Florida Championship Wrestling. Retrieved December 31, 2010.
- "Steve Slocum". Texas A&M. Archived from the original on November 25, 2004.
- "Pro Wrestling Alliance (Booker T)". Online World of Wrestling. Retrieved December 31, 2010.
- Martin, Adam (September 22, 2009). "WWE signs Booker T wrestling student". WrestleView. Retrieved December 31, 2010.
- Martin, Adam (November 2, 2009). "News and notes on WWE's FCW". WrestleView. Retrieved December 31, 2010.
- "Florida Championship Wrestling (2010)". Online World of Wrestling. Retrieved December 31, 2010.
- Martin, Adam (November 29, 2010). "11/28 WWE Results: Salisbury, Maryland". WrestleView. Retrieved December 31, 2010.
- Harwood, Brian (December 5, 2010). "12/5 WWE results in Bowling Green, Ky.: Second detailed report on "Juan Cena" and Nexus angle, Daniel Bryan, Swagger". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved December 31, 2010.
- Plummer, Dale (December 7, 2010). "RAW: Cena pushes Nexus, Barrett to the breaking point". Slam! Sports. Canadian Online Explorer. Retrieved December 31, 2010.
- Martin, Adam (December 6, 2010). "Identity of the wrestler on Raw with Tyson Kidd". WrestleView. Retrieved December 31, 2010.
- Plummer, Dale (December 13, 2010). "RAW: The Slammy Awards falls flat". Slam! Sports. Canadian Online Explorer. Retrieved December 31, 2010.
- Plummer, Dale (December 27, 2010). "RAW: Cena gets Punked". Slam! Sports. Canadian Online Explorer. Retrieved December 31, 2010.
- Martin, Adam (May 4, 2011). "Two names gone from WWE developmental". WrestleView. Retrieved May 5, 2011.
- "Update: Rosa Mendes Not Arrested; Assaulted By Fiancé – A Former WWE Talent". pwmania.com. Retrieved August 8, 2012.
- WWE diva ros amendes police report
- Jackson andrews engaged to two women
- ""PWI 500": 301–400". Pro Wrestling Illustrated. July 27, 2010. Retrieved January 23, 2011.
320. Jackson Andrews