Jajá playing for FC Metalist Kharkiv
|Full name||Jakson Avelino Coelho|
|Date of birth||28 February 1986|
|Place of birth||Ipatinga, Brazil|
|Height||1.89 m (6 ft 2 1⁄2 in)|
|2005||→ Westerlo (loan)||30||(11)|
|2006||→ Flamengo (loan)||5||(0)|
|2007||→ Racing Genk (loan)||9||(1)|
|2007||→ Westerlo (loan)||9||(4)|
|2012||→ Internacional (loan)||16||(2)|
|2013||→ Kayserispor (loan)||10||(3)|
|2014||→ Coritiba (loan)||7||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 22 March 2015.
† Appearances (Goals).
Jakson Avelino Coelho (born 28 February 1986 in Ipatinga), commonly known as Jajá Coelho or simply Jajá, is a Brazilian football forward/midfielder. He is playing for Chongqing Lifan in the Chinese Super League.
Startings in Europe & Loan deals
A youth product of América-MG, Jajá Coelho arrived in Europe to sign for Dutch club Feyenoord in November 2004, but signed a loan deal with Westerlo immediately after his arrival to Rotterdam. Jajá joined Getafe CF in January 2006 after a year loan spell. After only two games for Getafe CF in 2nd half of 2005–06 season, he was loaned to Flamengo in the second half of the 2006 season, and later signed a loan deal with Racing Genk in the 2nd half of the 2006–07 season. Finally, he was loaned out to Westerlo in the 1st half of 2007–08.
Jajá Coelho signed a three-and-a-half year deal for Ukrainian club FC Metalist Kharkiv in February 2008. He scored a fantastic long distance goal in an UEFA Cup match in 2 October 2008 against Besiktas J.K. from 40 metres. In 2008 he became the second foreigner that ever won the annual League MVP award established by the sport newspaper Komanda, the other one was the former captain of FC Dynamo Kyiv Valyantsin Byalkevich from Belarus.
On 7 August 2010, Jajá Coelho joined Turkish club Trabzonspor on a four-year contract for reported €4.2 million. He made his full Super Lig debut on 30 August in a 0–0 draw against Antalyaspor. Jaja scored his first goal after three league games when he scored twice in a 7–0 win against Kasımpaşa S.K.. He was designated for the first time as TrabzonCell Player of the Month in November 2010. He made 29 appearances and scored 12 goals in the 2010–11 season.
On 12 July 2013, Jajá reached an agreement with Turkish Super Lig side Kayserispor as a 1+3 years loan. He will wear number ten in Kayserispor.
- "Pardo blow for Feyenoord". UEFA.com. 2 November 2004. Retrieved 5 March 2008.
- "Arrivals strengthen leaders Genk". UEFA.com. 30 December 2006. Retrieved 5 March 2008.
- "Trabzon Sign Jaja". SuperLigNews.com.
- FC Metalist press office (7 August 2010). "Джексон Коэльо переходит в "Трабзонспор"" [Jackson Coelho joined Turkish club Trabzonspor]. FC Metalist Kharkiv. Retrieved 9 August 2010.
- "Jaja Coelho çok çalıştı" (in Turkish). Fanatik.com.tr. 31 August 2010. Retrieved 17 October 2010.
- "Trabzon Vural'ı '7' bitirdi!" (in Turkish). Sporx.com.tr. 17 October 2010. Retrieved 17 October 2010.
- "Kasım Ayının Futbolcusu Jaja" (in Turkish). Trabzonspor.org.tr. 1 November 2010. Retrieved 1 December 2010.
- "Al Ahli sign Brazil's 'Jaja' in second foreigner slot". Gulfnews. 24 June 2011. Retrieved 29 June 2011.
- "Profesyonel futbolcumuz Jakson Avelino Coelho'nun Al Ahli kulübüne Transferi Konusunda Anlaşma Sağlanmıştır". Turkish Public Disclosure System (KAP) (in Turkish). 10 September 2011. Retrieved 23 September 2011.
- 重庆力帆引入队史最贵外援 估价200万欧元以上
- Jaja Coelho at official site of Metallist Kharkiv
- Brazilian FA archive (Portuguese)
- Profile at VI (Dutch)
- Profile at TFF (Turkish)