Jackson County Airport (Michigan)
|Jackson County Airport
Terminal and control tower
|Elevation AMSL||1,001 ft / 305 m|
Jackson County Airport (IATA: JXN, ICAO: KJXN, FAA LID: JXN), also known as Reynolds Field, is a county-owned, public-use airport located two nautical miles (3.7 km) west of the central business district of Jackson, in Jackson County, Michigan, United States. It is a class D airport with operating control tower. It is included in the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2017–2021, in which it is categorized as a regional general aviation facility.
The airport is home to the Jackson College Flight Center. Until 1984, it had commercial services, operated by Republic Airlines and Simmons Airlines and now serves as a general aviation facility. In 2005 the airport became home to Prestige Aircraft Company LLC, a light sport aircraft manufacturer.
Facilities and aircraft
Jackson County-Reynolds Field covers an area of 700 acres (280 ha) at an elevation of 1,001 feet (305 m) above mean sea level. It has two asphalt paved runways: 6/24 is 5,349 by 150 feet (1,630 x 46 m) and 14/32 is 4,000 by 100 feet (1,219 x 30 m). A new ashpahlt paved runway named 7/25 is 5,349 feet by 100 feet (1,630 x 30.5 m) and will replace runway 6/24 in 2017, which will be decommissioned and excavated. The new runway has 1,000 feet of additional runoff space on each end.
For the 12-month period ending December 31, 2010, the airport had 56,920 general aviation aircraft operations, an average of 139 per day. At that time there were 109 aircraft based at this airport: 85 single-engine aircraft, 14 multi-engine aircraft, 3 jet aircraft, 3 helicopters and 4 ultralight aircraft.
- FAA Airport Master Record for JXN ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective 8 April 2010.
- "List of NPIAS Airports" (PDF). FAA.gov. Federal Aviation Administration. 21 October 2016. Retrieved 25 November 2016.
- DesOrmeau, Taylor (18 August 2016). "$40 million airport project makes visible progress, should be completed by August 2017". MLive.com. MLive Media Group. Retrieved 19 August 2016.
- Jackson County Airport page at Jackson County website
- "Jackson County Airport" (PDF). (67.2 KB) page at Michigan DOT Airport Directory
- Aerial photo as of 7 April 1999 from USGS The National Map
- (PDF), effective June 22, 2017
- FAA Terminal Procedures for JXN, effective June 22, 2017
- Resources for this airport: