|Members||Harry James Angus
Jackson Jackson is a hip-hop group from Melbourne, Australia consisting of Harry James Angus (vocals/trumpet; The Cat Empire, The Conglomerate) and Jan Skubiszewski (producer, phrase, and composer; APRA Award winner Two Hands, The Rage in Placid Lake, Last Man Standing). For live performances, they are joined by keyboards, bass, drums and backup vocalists.
Jackson Jackson's second album, Tools For Survival, was released on 11 October 2008.
In April 2010, Jackson Jackson performed at The Evelyn in Melbourne for three Fridays in a row before going on hiatus to write a new album.
In September 2011, Jackson Jackson has returned to The Evelyn Hotel to take residency of the venue for a month, performing each Friday. Their first show since April 2010 was Friday 2 September, and was supported by the local talents of Gossling. During their performance, they performed two new songs called "Dave" and "Sacrifice". At the merchandise stand they were also selling their new 3-track E.P, consisting of the tracks "Dave", "Sacrifice", and "Simplify My Life, Amplify My Mind".
Jackson Jackson are:
- Harry Angus (vocals, acoustic guitar and synths)
- Jan Skubiszewski (electric/acoustic guitars, synths and beats)
Also known as Melbourne dub/fusion trio, 'The Genie', and the rhythm section of Melbourne band The Cat Empire.
- Ollie McGill (keyboards)
- Ryan Monro (basses and guitar)
- Will Hull-Brown (drums)
Named the 'Jackson Jackson 5'.
- Chantal Mitvalsky
- Elana Stone
- Rebecca Ari
- Karishma Sadhai
- Rory Osman
- The Fire Is on the Bird (2007)
- Tools for Survival (2008)
- "All Alone" (2008)
- "The Devil in Me" (2009)
- "Dave" (2011)
- Clockwork (2009)
- Underbelly: A Tale of Two Cities (Soundtrack) (2009)
- "Jackson Jackson Biography". EMI Music Australia. Retrieved 2008-03-14.
- O'Donohue, Danielle (10 May 2007). "Jackson Jackson strikes back". The Advertiser. Retrieved 2008-03-14.
- :: JACKSON JACKSON NEWS : musichead Australia ::
- Mengel, Noel (21 March 2007). "French rockers excel". The Courier Mail. Retrieved 2008-03-14.
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: Jackson Jackson|