|No. of offices||61|
|No. of attorneys||Over 950|
|Major practice areas||Labor and Employment|
|Key people||Kevin G. Lauri (Firm Chair) Samantha N. Hoffman (Firm Managing Principal)|
|Revenue||US$486.1 million (2020) |
|Profit per equity partner||$634,000 (2020)|
|Company type||Professional Corporation|
Jackson Lewis is organized into 20 practice groups and 19 industry groups. The majority of these groups are focused on labor and employment law, but the firm also has expertise in healthcare and collegiate and professional sports law. Practice and industry group members are spread across all of the firm's offices. The firm has over 950 attorneys and 61 offices, including its Puerto Rico office. The firm is a founding member of L&E Global Employers’ Counsel Worldwide, an alliance of workplace law firms in 20 countries. The firm is led by a board of directors, and its current chair is Kevin G. Lauri.
Jackson Lewis was founded by Lou Jackson and Robert Lewis in 1958. The firm's first office was opened in New York City in 1958. It opened its second office in Los Angeles in 1977. The firm's period of most rapid growth was between 2006 and 2015. In 2013, Jackson Lewis opened its first office outside of the continental US in San Juan, Puerto Rico.
Jackson Lewis' practice groups include:
- Advice and Counsel
- Affirmative Action, OFCCP and Government Contract Compliance
- Class Actions and Complex Litigation
- Collegiate and Professional Sports
- Corporate Diversity Counseling
- Corporate Governance and Internal Investigations
- Disability, Leave and Health Management
- Employee Benefits
- ERISA Complex Litigation
- International Employment
- Labor Relations
- Privacy, Data and Cybersecurity
- Restrictive Covenants, Trade Secrets and Unfair Competition
- Trials and Appeals
- Wage and Hour
- White Collar and Government Enforcement
- Workplace Safety and Health
- Workplace Training
In part for its role in creating “workthruIT”, a web-based, self-service labor and employment law compliance application, Jackson Lewis was recognized as the “2018 Innovative Law Firm of the Year” by the International Legal Technology Association (ILTA)
- "Office locations". 31 October 2022.
- "Firm's "About Us" page". Retrieved 26 October 2022.
- "Jackson Lewis Law Firm Profile". Retrieved 17 November 2020.
- "Firm practice groups". 26 October 2022.
- "Firm industry groups". 26 October 2022.
- "L&E Global". Retrieved 31 October 2022.
- "Firm leadership". 26 October 2022.
- "Union Busting on Campus: Jackson Lewis and Higher Education Anti-Unionism".
- "Jackson Lewis P.C. Partners with ROSS Intelligence on Firm-Wide Artificial Intelligence Initiative". 15 March 2018. Retrieved 19 February 2019.
- artificiallawyer (2018-03-15). "Legal AI Research Co. ROSS Intel Bags US Firm Jackson Lewis". Artificial Lawyer. Retrieved 2020-11-17.
- "workthruIT". 10 April 2017. Retrieved 19 February 2019.
- "Jackson Lewis Bets on Automating Compliance Tasks". Retrieved 19 February 2019.