Jackson Township, Allen County, Ohio
|Jackson Township, Allen County, Ohio|
1870s farmhouse on Napoleon Road
Location of Jackson Township, Allen County, Ohio
|• Total||36.0 sq mi (93.3 km2)|
|• Land||35.7 sq mi (92.5 km2)|
|• Water||0.3 sq mi (0.8 km2)|
|Elevation||915 ft (279 m)|
|• Density||85/sq mi (33.0/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (Eastern (EST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-4 (EDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||1085693|
Jackson Township is one of the twelve townships of Allen County, Ohio, United States. The 2010 census found 3,056 people in the township, 2,611 of whom lived in the unincorporated portions of the township.
Located in the eastern part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Richland Township - north
- Orange Township, Hancock County - northeast corner
- Liberty Township, Hardin County - east
- Marion Township, Hardin County - southeast corner
- Auglaize Township - south
- Perry Township - southwest corner
- Monroe Township - west
- Bath Township - northwest corner
The village of Lafayette is located in central Jackson Township.
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on September 11, 2013. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Jackson township, Allen County, Ohio". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved July 5, 2013.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.