Jackson Township, Auglaize County, Ohio
|Jackson Township, Auglaize County, Ohio|
St. Joseph's Catholic Church at Egypt
Location of Jackson Township in Auglaize County
|• Total||20.3 sq mi (52.6 km2)|
|• Land||20.3 sq mi (52.6 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||961 ft (293 m)|
|• Density||180/sq mi (69.4/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1085766|
Located in the far southwestern part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- German Township - north
- Van Buren Township, Shelby County - northeast corner
- McLean Township, Shelby County - east and south
- Marion Township, Mercer County - west
The village of Minster is located in eastern Jackson Township, and a small portion of the village of New Bremen lies in its far northeast corner. As well, the unincorporated community of Egypt lies in the township's west.
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
The majority of the township is in the Minster School District with western portions being located in the Marion Local School District.
The majority of the township is served by the Minster (45865) post office, with the southwestern section of the township served by the Fort Loramie (45845) post office.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Jackson township, Auglaize County, Ohio". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved July 11, 2013.
- DeLorme. Ohio Atlas & Gazetteer. 7th ed. Yarmouth: DeLorme, 2004, p. 55. ISBN 0-89933-281-1.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- Auglaize County, Ohio Atlas and History, Piqua: Magee Brother Publishing , 1917. Accessed 05 July 2007. Page 103.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.