Jackson Township, Blackford County, Indiana
Snow-covered countryside in Jackson Township
Location of Jackson Township in Blackford County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||45.67 sq mi (118.3 km2)|
|• Land||45.56 sq mi (118.0 km2)|
|• Water||0.11 sq mi (0.3 km2)|
|Elevation||922 ft (281 m)|
|• Density||29.7/sq mi (11.5/km2)|
|GNIS feature ID||453431|
Jackson Township is one of four townships in Blackford County, Indiana. As of the 2010 census, its population was 1,354 and it contained 596 housing units. The township was named after Andrew Jackson, hero of the Battle of New Orleans and the seventh President of the United States.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 45.67 square miles (118.3 km2), of which 45.56 square miles (118.0 km2) (or 99.76%) is land and 0.11 square miles (0.28 km2) (or 0.24%) is water. Lake Placid is in this township. Lick Creek runs through the township.
Cities and towns
- Dunkirk (southeast edge)
- Converse (ghost town originally called Crumley"s Crossing)
- Trenton (Post Office called Priam)
The township contains at least seven cemeteries: Buckles, Goghnauer, Mount Tabor, Reeves, South Trenton, Wayman and West Trenton.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on September 11, 2013. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- A History of Blackford County, Indiana…, page 126.
- "Jackson Township, Blackford County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-09-24.
- A History of Blackford County, Indiana : with historical accounts of the county, 1838-1986 [and] histories of families who have lived in the county. Hartford City, Indiana: Blackford County Historical Society. 1986. p. 302. OCLC 15144953.
- Biographical and historical record of Jay and Blackford Counties, Indiana: Containing ... portraits and biographies of some of the prominent men of the state : engravings of prominent citizens in Jay and Blackford Counties, with personal histories of many of the leading families and a concise history of Jay and Blackford Counties and their cities and villages. Chicago: The Lewis Publishing Company. 1887. p. 901. OCLC 15560416.
- United States Census Bureau cartographic boundary files
|Licking||Knox Township, Jay County|
|Union Township, Delaware County||Niles Township, Delaware County||Richland Township, Jay County|