Jackson Township, Carroll County, Indiana
Location of Jackson Township in Carroll County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||30.11 sq mi (78.0 km2)|
|• Land||30.1 sq mi (78 km2)|
|• Water||0.01 sq mi (0.03 km2)|
|Elevation||620 ft (189 m)|
|• Density||46.2/sq mi (17.8/km2)|
|GNIS feature ID||453434|
Jackson Township is one of fourteen townships in Carroll County, Indiana. As of the 2010 census, its population was 1,391 and it contained 547 housing units. It is uncertain how or for whom the township was named, but Adam Porter, one of the township's earliest settlers who arrived in the late 1820s, is described as hailing from Jackson Township, Virginia, and may have named it.
Jackson Township was organized in 1830.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 30.11 square miles (78.0 km2), of which 30.1 square miles (78 km2) (or 99.97%) is land and 0.01 square miles (0.026 km2) (or 0.03%) is water.
Cities and towns
- Liberty (north)
- Washington (northeast)
- Carrollton (east)
- Monroe (south)
- Deer Creek (west)
- Rock Creek (northwest)
The township contains four cemeteries: Musselman, Nebo, Nettle and Wise.
- "Jackson Township, Carroll County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-09-24.
- United States Census Bureau cartographic boundary files
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on September 11, 2013. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- Appleton, Lee (2007). This Was Camden: A History of Camden, Indiana. Bloomingon, Illinois: Heartland Printing. p. 4.
- Odell, John Curtis (1916). History of Carroll County, Indiana: Its People, Industries and Institutions. B.F. Bowen. p. 84.