Jackson Township, Champaign County, Ohio
|Jackson Township, Champaign County, Ohio|
Countryside in southeastern Jackson Township
Location of Jackson Township in Champaign County
|• Total||37.4 sq mi (96.8 km2)|
|• Land||37.4 sq mi (96.8 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||1,191 ft (363 m)|
|• Density||71/sq mi (27.3/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1085842|
Jackson Township is one of the twelve townships of Champaign County, Ohio, United States. The 2010 census reported 2,644 people living in the township, 1,904 of whom were in the unincorporated portions of the township.
Located in the southwestern corner of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Johnson Township - north
- Mad River Township - east
- German Township, Clark County - southeast corner
- Pike Township, Clark County - south
- Elizabeth Township, Miami County - southwest corner
- Lostcreek Township, Miami County - west
- Brown Township, Miami County - northwest
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on September 11, 2013. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Jackson township, Champaign County, Ohio". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved January 12, 2015.
- "Total Population: 2010 Summary Profile 1 (P1): Remainder of Jackson township, Jackson township, Champaign County, Ohio". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved January 12, 2015.
- Middleton, Evan P. (1917). History of Champaign County, Ohio: Its People, Industries and Institutions, Volume 1. B.F. Bowen. p. 288.
- The History of Champaign County, Ohio: Containing a History of the County; Its Cities, Towns, Etc. W.H. Beers & Company. 1881. p. 429.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.