Jackson Township, Crawford County, Ohio
|Jackson Township, Crawford County, Ohio|
Location of Jackson Township (red) in Crawford County, next to the city of Crestline (yellow)
|• Total||7.6 sq mi (19.6 km2)|
|• Land||7.6 sq mi (19.6 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||1,152 ft (351 m)|
|• Density||50/sq mi (19.4/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1085939|
Jackson Township is one of the sixteen townships of Crawford County, Ohio, United States. As of the 2010 census the population of the township was 381, down from 5,487 people reported in 2000, when the village of Crestline's population was included.
Located in the southeastern part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Vernon Township - north
- Sharon Township, Richland County - northeast
- Sandusky Township, Richland County - southeast
- Polk Township - south
- Jefferson Township - west
Most of the village of Crestline is located in central Jackson Township.
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Jackson township, Crawford County, Ohio". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved February 3, 2015.
- History of Crawford County and Ohio. Baskin & Battey. 1881. p. 489.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.