Jackson Township, Decatur County, Indiana
Location of Jackson Township in Decatur County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||40.29 sq mi (104.4 km2)|
|• Land||40.27 sq mi (104.3 km2)|
|• Water||0.02 sq mi (0.05 km2)|
|Elevation||801 ft (244 m)|
|• Density||24.5/sq mi (9.5/km2)|
|GNIS feature ID||453439|
Jackson Township was organized in 1834.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 40.29 square miles (104.4 km2), of which 40.27 square miles (104.3 km2) (or 99.95%) is land and 0.02 square miles (0.052 km2) (or 0.05%) is water.
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
- Clay Township (north)
- Sand Creek Township (east)
- Sand Creek Township, Jennings County (south)
- Geneva Township, Jennings County (southwest)
- Clifty Township, Bartholomew County (west)
- Rock Creek Township, Bartholomew County (west)
- Haw Creek Township, Bartholomew County (northwest)
The township contains six cemeteries: Lower Union, Mount Olivet, Mount Pisgah, Shirk, Wesley and Wynn.
- "Jackson Township, Decatur County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-09-24.
- United States Census Bureau cartographic boundary files
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on September 11, 2013. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- Harding, Lewis Albert (1915). History of Decatur County, Indiana: Its People, Industries and Institutions. B.F. Bowen. p. 95.