Jackson Township, Jay County, Indiana
Location in Jay County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||36.37 sq mi (94.2 km2)|
|• Land||36.34 sq mi (94.1 km2)|
|• Water||0.02 sq mi (0.05 km2) 0.05%|
|Elevation||873 ft (266 m)|
|• Density||26.6/sq mi (10.3/km2)|
|GNIS feature ID||0453452|
Jackson Township was organized in 1838.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 36.37 square miles (94.2 km2), of which 36.34 square miles (94.1 km2) (or 99.92%) is land and 0.02 square miles (0.052 km2) (or 0.05%) is water. The streams of Bear Creek, Dunkirk Drain, Haskin Run, Wall Run and Wolf Creek run through this township.
- Hartford Township, Adams County (north)
- Wabash Township, Adams County (northeast)
- Bearcreek Township (east)
- Wayne Township (southeast)
- Greene Township (south)
- Penn Township (west)
- Nottingham Township, Wells County (northwest)
The township contains one cemetery, Gravel Hill.
- "Jackson Township, Jay County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-09-24.
- United States Census Bureau cartographic boundary files
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- Jay, Milton T. (1922). History of Jay County, Indiana: Including Its World War Record and Incorporating the Montgomery History, Volume 1. Historical Publishing Company. p. 107.