Jackson Township, Madison County, Indiana
Location in Madison County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||29 sq mi (80 km2)|
|• Land||28.92 sq mi (74.9 km2)|
|• Water||0.08 sq mi (0.2 km2) 0.28%|
|Elevation||840 ft (256 m)|
|• Density||65.8/sq mi (25.4/km2)|
|ZIP codes||46011, 46036, 46044, 46060|
|GNIS feature ID||0453454|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 29 square miles (75 km2), of which 28.92 square miles (74.9 km2) (or 99.72%) is land and 0.08 square miles (0.21 km2) (or 0.28%) is water.
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
The township contains these two cemeteries: Neese and Perkinsville.
- Camp Kikthawenund
- Frankton-Lapel Community Schools
- Indiana's 6th congressional district
- State House District 35
- State Senate District 20
- "Jackson Township, Madison County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-10-03.
- United States Census Bureau 2008 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- Forkner, John La Rue; Dyson, Byron H. (1897). Historical Sketches and Reminiscences of Madison County, Indiana. Wilson, Humprheys & Co. p. 791.