Jackson Township, Parke County, Indiana
Location in Parke County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||35.76 sq mi (92.6 km2)|
|• Land||35.57 sq mi (92.1 km2)|
|• Water||0.19 sq mi (0.5 km2) 0.53%|
|Elevation||725 ft (221 m)|
|• Density||20.7/sq mi (8.0/km2)|
|ZIP codes||46135, 47834, 47837, 47872|
|GNIS feature ID||453460|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 35.76 square miles (92.6 km2), of which 35.57 square miles (92.1 km2) (or 99.47%) is land and 0.19 square miles (0.49 km2) (or 0.53%) is water.
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
The township contains these two cemeteries: Jacks and Moore.
- Alma Lake
- Rocky Fork Lake
- Clay Community Schools
- State House District 44
- State Senate District 38
- "Jackson Township, Parke County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-11-01.
- United States Census Bureau 2009 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- History of Parke and Vermillion Counties, Indiana. B.F. Bowen & Cos. 1913. p. 187.
- National Park Service (2010-07-09). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- Indiana Township Association
- United Township Association of Indiana
- City-Data.com page for Jackson Township
||Adams Township||Union Township||Clinton Township, Putnam County|
|Raccoon Township||Madison Township, Putnam County|
|Dick Johnson Township, Clay County||Van Buren Township, Clay County||Washington Township, Putnam County|