Jackson Township, Steuben County, Indiana
Location in Steuben County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||35 sq mi (90 km2)|
|• Land||33.94 sq mi (87.9 km2)|
|• Water||1.05 sq mi (2.7 km2) 3.00%|
|Elevation||951 ft (290 m)|
|• Density||52.4/sq mi (20.2/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||453469|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 35 square miles (91 km2), of which 33.94 square miles (87.9 km2) (or 96.97%) is land and 1.05 square miles (2.7 km2) (or 3.00%) is water. Lakes in this township include Bass Lake, Beaverdam Lake, Deep Lake, Grass Lake, Hogback Lake, Howard Lake, Lake Arrowhead, Otter Lake, Pine Canyon Lake, Shallow Lake and Stayner Lake.
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
- Millgrove Township (north)
- Jamestown Township (northeast)
- Pleasant Township (east)
- Steuben Township (southeast)
- Salem Township (south)
- Milford Township, LaGrange County (southwest)
- Springfield Township, LaGrange County (west)
- Greenfield Township, LaGrange County (northwest)
The township contains three cemeteries: Flint, Jackson Prairie and Lake Gage.
Airports and landing strips
- Tri-State Steuben County Airport
- "Jackson Township, Steuben County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-09-24.
- United States Census Bureau cartographic boundary files
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. October 25, 2007. Retrieved 2017-05-08.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.