Jackson Transit System
|Slogan||The Driving Force of Jackson|
|Service type||Bus service|
JATRAN operates fixed-route and an ADA paratransit demand response service throughout the City of Jackson, Mississippi, United States. The base fare is $1.50, $1 for students with school ID; $0.75 for kids 6-14; and $0.50 for seniors at least 60, disabled or Medicare. There is a 3-children limit to kids below 6 who ride for free when accompanied by fare-paying rider.
From October 1, 2015, until December 31, 2018, the services were operated under a contractual arrangement by National Express Transit. Beginning January 1, 2019, the operator has been Transdev. The service is managed by the City's Transit Services Division in the Office of City Planning, Department of Planning and Development.
JATRAN operates Monday-Friday from 05:45 to approximately 19:45. Route 1 buses come by bus stops every 30 minutes. All other buses come by bus stops once every 60 minutes. Saturday service is available from 06:45 to 19:15 with buses coming by bus stops every 60 minutes. There is no service on Sundays or major holidays at this time.
- 1: North State Street
- 2: West Capitol Street & Clinton Boulevard
- 4B: Belhaven
- 4R: Robinson Road
- 5: Bailey Avenue & Medical Mall
- 6/3: Virden Addition/Lake Hico
- 7: Terry Road
- 7: Raymond Road
- 8: MLK & Presidential Hills and MLK & Medgar Evers Boulevard
- 9: MetroCenter Mall & Walmart
- 12: Save-A-Lot & Tougaloo College (does not serve Union Station)
As at July 2016, the fleet comprised 40 buses.
- National Express wins Jackson, Miss. bus services contract Metro September 24, 2015
- New management takes over JATRAN Thursday MS News September 29, 2015
- City of Jackson selects National Express to provide JATRAN Transit and Paratransit Services National Express October 2, 2015
- JATRAN Service Hours City of Jackson
- JATRAN Fixed Routes City of Jackson
- City may lease more buses Jackson Free Press July 20, 2016
- JATRAN Facility Has New Life, But at What Cost Jackson Free Press December 31, 2013