Jacksons International Airport
Port Moresby International Airport
|Owner||PNG National Airports Corporation Ltd|
|Operator||PNG National Airports Corporation Ltd|
|Location||Saraga, Port Moresby|
|Elevation AMSL||124 ft / 38 m|
Port Moresby International Airport (IATA: POM, ICAO: AYPY), also known as Jacksons International Airport, is an international airport located 8 kilometres (5 miles) outside Port Moresby in Papua New Guinea. It is the largest and busiest airport in Papua New Guinea, with an estimated 1.4 million passengers using the airport in 2015, and is the main hub for Air Niugini, the national airline of Papua New Guinea. The airport serves as the main hub for PNG Air and Travel Air. It replaced the original Port Moresby airport, in what is now the suburb of Waigani, whose airstrip remained until the 1990s but no trace of which remains, having been built over.
Jacksons International Airport consists of two terminals: the Domestic Terminal, housing Air Niugini and PNG Air, and the International Terminal, servicing all other international airlines including Air Niugini's and PNG Air's international routes. The International Terminal features four aircraft parking bays, four of which are equipped with aerobridges. The two terminals are linked by a covered walkway.
Airlines and destinations
|Air Niugini||Alotau, Brisbane, Buka, Cairns, Chuuk, Daru, Goroka, Hong Kong, Honiara, Hoskins, Kavieng, Kiunga, Kundiawa, Lae, Lihir Island, Lorengau, Madang, Manila, Mendi, Mount Hagen, Nadi, Pohnpei, Popondetta, Port Vila, Rabaul, Singapore, Sydney, Tabubil, Tari, Tufi, Vanimo, Wapenamanda, Wewak|
|PNG Air||Alotau, Cairns, Daru, Goroka, Hoskins, Kiunga, Lae, Lihir Island, Losuia, Madang, Misima Island, Moro, Mount Hagen, Popondetta, Rabaul, Tabubil, Tufi, Wewak|
|Pacific Air Express||Brisbane|
Air Niugini has its head office in the Air Niugini House, near the airport property.
- USAAF in the Southwest Pacific
- Kila Airfield (3 Mile Drome)
- Wards Airfield (5 Mile Drome)
- Berry Airfield (12 Mile Drome)
- Schwimmer Airfield (14 Mile Drome)
- Durand Airfield (17 Mile Drome)
- Rogers (Rarona) Airfield (30 Mile Drome)
- Fishermans (Daugo Island) Airfield
- "PNG National Airports Cooperation"
- Liu, Jim. "Air Niugini adds Port Moresby – Tufi service from late-Sep 2020". Routesonline. Retrieved 24 September 2020.
- Maurer, Maurer (1983). Air Force Combat Units of World War II. Maxwell AFB, Alabama: Office of Air Force History. ISBN 0-89201-092-4.
- A-Z World Airports: Jacksons International Airport
Media related to Jacksons International Airport at Wikimedia Commons