|Team history||Jacksonville Bluewaves (2010-present)|
|Based in||Jacksonville, Florida|
|Arena||Edward Waters College|
|Colors||blue, white black|
|Head coach||Kevin Waters|
The Jacksonville Bluewaves were a basketball team based in Jacksonville, Florida, U.S. They played in the World Basketball Association, a small league with six teams in Florida and Georgia, in the 2010 season. In July 2010 it was announced that the Bluewaves would be joining the new American Basketball Association the next season under head coach and owner Kevin Waters. Later, however, it was announced that the Jacksonville ABA team would be a new franchise, with Waters serving as coach and general manager, and that the Bluewaves were defunct. The new team was eventually named the Jacksonville Giants. However a team calling themselves the Jacksonville Bluewaves played some regular season games against teams in the Continental Basketball League in the summer of 2011.
- Garry, Smits (June 7, 2010). "Summer of 10: The top 10 little-known sports franchises in Jacksonville history". The Florida Times-Union. Retrieved December 9, 2010.
- "ABA To Return To Jacksonville In 2011". www.oursportscentral.com. July 9, 2010. Retrieved December 7, 2010.
- Elliott, Jeff (October 20, 2010). "ABA pro basketball team coming to Jacksonville". The Florida Times-Union. Retrieved December 9, 2010.
- Gurbal, Ashley (November 19, 2010). "Starting Jacksonville Giants a local lawyer's hoop dream". Jacksonville Business Journal. Retrieved December 9, 2010.
- Mid-Season Check-in!, Flight Blog, 2011-06-09, retrieved 2011-06-11
Current ABA teams: http://basketball.usbasket.com/team/USA/Los_Angeles_Slam/13544
|This article about a basketball team in Florida is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|