Stapp (left) with her sister Army Capt. Julia Nesheiwat (right) during a visit to U.S. troops in Baghdad, Iraq in March 2004.
July 29, 1980
|Title||Miss New York USA 2004, Mrs. Florida America 2008|
Jaclyn Nesheiwat Stapp (born July 29, 1980) is a beauty queen, philanthropist and fashion model with pageant roots in Florida and New York. She is married to Scott Stapp, the voice of the band Creed and current solo touring artist. Her most notable titles include Mrs. Florida America 2008 and Miss New York USA 2004. In 2010 she wrote a children's book, ‘Wacky Jacky’. She is executive director of The Scott Stapp With Arms Wide Open Foundation, and founder of CHARM (Children Are Magical) by Jaclyn Stapp.
In 1995, Stapp entered the pageant for Miss Florida Teen 1995. She entered the pageant system again seven years later with the Miss Florida USA 2001 where she placed third runner-up. The following year she competed for the second time and was first runner-up to Shannon Ford.
Having moved to New York, Nesheiwat competed in the Miss New York USA pageant in 2003, where she won the 2004 title. During her reign, Stapp was invited by the White House Provisional Coalition Authority in March 2004 to visit U.S. troops in Iraq including her sister Army Capt. Julia Nesheiwat (then serving in Baghdad, now Deputy Assistant Secretary of State for Implementation, Bureau of Energy Resources, U.S. State Department). Stapp represented New York in the Miss USA 2004 pageant broadcast live from the Kodak Theatre in Hollywood, California in April 2004. On May 31, 2008, Stapp won the Mrs. Florida America pageant, and was named Mrs. America 2008 First-Runner Up and awarded the title of Most Photogenic. In 2011, she represented the country of Jordan at Mrs. World, where she placed in the Top 5.
Stapp is of Jordanian heritage, one of five children raised in Umatilla, Florida. After graduating from Umatilla High School in 1998, she attended Stetson University and received a Bachelor of Arts degree in Marketing and Communications in 2002. Stapp married Scott Stapp at Viscaya Gardens, Florida in 2006. The two met during her reign as Miss New York USA at a Muscular Dystrophy charity gala in New York in January 2005. The couple have three children.
- "2008 Mrs America". Retrieved July 9, 2010.
- "Wacky Jacky". Retrieved August 15, 2017.
- "Expecting Models very own Jaclyn Stapp Expecting again! Congratulations*". The Stork Magazine.
- "August 2009". pbglifestyle.com.
- "Mirabel's Digital Editions". mirabelsmagazinecentral.com.
- "Scott Stapp Gets Married". MTV News. February 13, 2006. Retrieved September 18, 2006.
- "It's a baby girl for Creed's Scott Stapp". MSNBC. January 4, 2007. Missing or empty
- Stapp, Jaclyn Nesheiwat (November 30, 2010). Wacky Jacky: The True Story of an Unlikely Beauty Queen. TriMark Press. ISBN 978-0981609287.
| Miss New York USA