|Directed by||Paul Marchand, Stephen Kijak|
|Written by||Paul Marchand, Robert Trujillo|
|Produced by||Robert Trujillo, John Battsek|
|Starring||Jaco Pastorius, Sting, Bootsy Collins, Flea, Joni Mitchell, Jerry Jemmott, Wayne Shorter, Herbie Hancock, Carlos Santana|
|Cinematography||Roger de Giacomi|
|Edited by||Paul Marchand|
|Music by||Jaco Pastorius|
Passion Pictures, Slang East/West
Jaco is a 2014 American documentary that depicts the life and death of jazz musician Jaco Pastorius. The film was directed by Paul Marchand and Stephen Kijak and produced by Robert Trujillo of Metallica and John Battsek of Passion Pictures.
The New York Times called Jaco "an illuminating, compassionate new documentary." Decider pronounced it "an engaging and interesting documentary" albeit about a "musician’s musician" which could limit its appeal. Bassist Billy Sheehan felt that it was "a wonderful film" but opined that "I think, maybe, it might have concentrated on some eccentricities a little bit more than it could have."
- "JACO documentary: exclusive interview with film director Paul Marchand". Jazzwise. Retrieved June 18, 2019.
- Jaco : the film, on jacopastorius.com
- Ragusea, Adam (18 April 2014). "Why Metallica's Bassist Is Producing A Jazz Documentary". NPR.org. Retrieved 26 June 2017.
- Chinen, Nate (November 27, 2015). "'Jaco,' a Documentary About the Jazz Musician Jaco Pastorius". The New York Times. Retrieved June 18, 2019.
- Smith, Benjamin H. (July 1, 2016). "'Jaco' Documentary Profiles Troubled Jazz Fusion Bass Virtuoso". Decider. Retrieved June 18, 2019.
- Hartmann, Graham (February 22, 2017). "Billy Sheehan Remembers Jamming With Jaco Pastorius + Talks 'Jaco' Documentary". Loudwire. Retrieved June 18, 2019.
- Jaco. The movie can be seen for free on Tubi.
- Jaco at IMDb
- Metallica's Robert Trujillo On His Hero, Jaco Pastorius