|Full name||Jaco Barny Engels|
|Date of birth||17 December 1980|
|Place of birth||Oranjemund, South-West Africa|
|Height||1.86 m (6 ft 1 in)|
|Weight||118 kg (260 lb; 18 st 8 lb)|
|School||Laerskool M.L. Fick, Hoër Volkskool, Potchefstroom|
|Rugby union career|
Jaco Barny Engels (born 17 December 1980, in Oranjemund) is a Namibian rugby union player whose usual position is prop. As youngster while at primary school, Laerskool M.L. Fick, received Springbok / National Colours in Trampolining.
He has previously played for the Leopards, Boland Cavaliers and Blue Bulls in South Africa's Currie Cup. He has also played Super Rugby with the Bulls. He joined the Eastern Province Kings in 2011. He featured in both Currie Cup and Super Rugby winning squads while in Pretoria.
2013 Southern Kings Super Rugby season
He was included in the Kings squad for the 2013 Super Rugby season. He made appearances from the bench in each of the Kings' first four matches of the season, but SWD Eagles prop Grant Kemp was preferred to him for the remainder of the campaign. He made two appearances for the Eastern Province Kings 2013 Vodacom Cup campaign before linking up with Namibia for the 2013 Africa Cup.
He is eligible to play for Namibia, but did not play in the 2011 Rugby World Cup. He only made his debut for them aged 32, when he was included in a Namibian team to face a South Africa President's XV in 2013 and then represented Namibia in their 2013 Africa Cup Division 1B campaign.
- "SA Rugby Player Profile – Jaco Engels". South African Rugby Union. Retrieved 30 May 2016.
- "EP Kings Profile Jaco Engels". Eastern Province Kings. Retrieved 25 Jul 2012.
- "SA Rugby Squad – Southern Kings : 2013 Vodacom Super Rugby". South African Rugby Union. Retrieved 3 June 2016.
- Schutz, Helge (23 May 2013). "Welwitschias to face SA Presidents". The Namibian. Retrieved 23 May 2013.
- "Rugby squad selected for Senegal". The Namibian. 28 May 2013. Retrieved 31 May 2013.