|Directed by||Adze Ugah, Thabang Moleya, Amanda Lane, Catherine Stewart, Neil Sundstrom|
|Starring||Hlomla Dandala, Anthony Bishop, Kendra Etufunwa, Bankole Omotoso|
|Country of origin||South Africa |
|No. of seasons||8|
|Executive producers||Desiree Markgraaff, Angus Gibson, Teboho Mahlatsi|
|Production locations||South Africa and Nigeria|
|Production company||The Bomb Shelter production company|
|Original network||Africa Magic, SABC, M-Net|
|Original release||January 2007 –|
Jacob's Cross is an African prime time drama series that premiered on M-Net in January 2007 and ended its 8 series run in 2013. Produced in South Africa, the show initially aired on M-net series but was later repurposed as a drama for M-Net's AfricaMagic channels. The show was given to South African Broadcasting Corporation in April 2009.
The series revolves around South African born businessman Jacob Makhubu Abayomi (Hlomla Dandala), a son of an ANC stalwart who finds that his biological father is actually a Nigerian tribal chief. Jacob's subsequent desire to build an African oil and gas business empire in the shadow of both of his fathers is set against the backdrop of family feuds and betrayals.
- Hlomla Dandala as Chief Jacob Makhubu Abayomi
- Anthony Bishop as Mr. Prospero Brand
- Mmabatho Montsho as Mrs. Lerato Makhubu
- Nandi Nyembe as Mrs. Thembi Makhubu
- Fabian Adeoye Lojede as Mr. Bola Abayomi
- Bankole Omotoso as Chief Bankole Abayomi
- Jet Novuka as Mr. Andile Makhubu
- Moky Makura as Chief Folake Abayomi, Mrs. Soludo
- Chris Agabi. (2012). The Final Dramatic Season of Jacob's Cross On Hand, Daily Trust (Abuja), October 14, 2012
- "TV with Thinus: M-Net cancels Jacob's Cross after six seasons; 'it's sad to say goodbye but the time has come to finish the story of the Abayomi's and the Makhubu's'". 11 October 2012.